Adjustable Friction Drive - Need your opinion

ok, Im interested especially with that weird looking roller on the back. Not many detail pics of that but I understand you might not be ready to reveal it quite yet.

I'm very curious though of what kinda traction that wheel is getting on the tire vs. a kneaded roller.

But sweet! A center mounted friction drive! very interesting I could be a customer and I sell quite a few bikes.

Simple loosen the thumbscrews to adjust up and down, no tools needed. Then engine and rack weigh 30lbs, no wheelies. The center mounted engine keeps the center of gravity where it should be. The traction is great, I used a roller at first, this set up works better for me. I'm in the process of making a video so I can post it on youtube. I'll post some pics of the roller assembly as well. I have a web page, but I don't want to violate any rules for this website (I like this forum).

It adjusts with thumbscrews, no tools needed. You can raise it or lower it, disengagte it, etc, on the fly with no problem. It weighs about 30 lbs, since it is basically centered, your center of gravity doesn't really change, so it's not a hinderance when the engine is not in operation. I'll add some pics shortly.

I love to see ingenuity ! I am not trying to be critical,, just asking ?? My questions are;, It doesn't look to be made of very sturdy materials. I wonder if it will last without bending, twisting with the larger, heavy engine. I would rather see/buy this set-up using a smaller engine such as a Subaru. Looks like too much weight hanging off the rear.

Back