Adjusting the EZM carburetor

Quenton Guenther

Vendor
Local time
4:32 AM
In order to adjust the carburetor it is necessary to warm the motor up first. The motor should have at least 5 minutes running time before any adjustments are made.

On the left side of the carburetor near the front is the idle mixture screw.

On the EZM motor the idle mixture screw is a fuel adjustment, not an air adjustment.

Simply adjust the screw for maximum idle, and then turn the screw approx 1/16" counter-clockwise [slightly rich].

Check the throttle response, and adjust the mixture if there is a hesitation. Turn screw clockwise if it "bulks" and then catches on [rich], or adjust screw counter-clockwise if it accelerates and then drops off quickly [lean].

Have fun,

Quenton-

Since nobody asked for this info, and you are giving up info about only your product, this should be in the "Vendor Area" forum.

It would be ok to post this in the 4-stroke forum if:

1. Someone asked "How do you adjust the EZM Carb?"
2. You titled it "How to adjust all 4-stroke carbs" and then gave info on adjusting the carb on many different engines.

Normally, you would have received an infraction for promotion in non-vendor areas, but I will let it slide since everyone is still getting used to the new rules.

Hi Tom,

Sorry

Still trying to adjust to the new system.

Several did ask about adjusting the carburetor, but not on the forum. Many called and emailed me for the information and I responded by answering on the forum in hopes that all would benefit and I would need to answer only once. I would have included other brands, but I don't know for a fact that they use the same carburetor. I know the Grubee uses a slightly different version, but have no personal knowledge of the Titan, Stanton, or several 4-stroke kits offered via Ebay.

I did ponder over the correct location for the information, and came to the following conclusions. If it was a Whizzer carburetor it was clear, put post in the Whizzer section, even though I am a vendor for Whizzer parts [both new edition and vintage]. After looking over the headings I decided it either belonged in the 4-stroke or frame mounted area because of the description in the vendor heading, which states the following.

“A place for motorized bicycle related vendors to make announcements about their latest products”

It didn’t occur to me that adjusting the carburetor would fall under the phrase “make announcements about their latest products”, sorry for the oversight.

If I had information on adjusting the carburetor on a Grubee motor kit [which Josh was kind enough to supply us with] should it be in the Vendor section, 4-stroke area or frame mounted section.

I did consider asking you about the correct location however all that you have been through recently made me reconsider bothering you

As you can tell I haven’t totally figured out the new system, and regret I did it wrong.

Thanks for not awarding me more infractions [as I have enough already], and I will do my best to contact you or a moderator if I am in doubt about future posts.

PS. I have placed the required MBc link on my website. And several EZM dealers are in the process of sponsoring MBc.

Have fun,

Great. Also, had you simply not mentioned "Ezm" but instead said the actual engine name, that would have been ok too.

I guess I'll have to change the description of the vendor area forum.

Back