adult 3 wheel bicycle, GEBE or friction drive Help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaylin

:D I bought myself a TrailMate adult 3 wheel bike last year, I can ride it alright as long as I'm on FLAT ground. I want to buy a "motor" for some PA. I looked on ebay first, as well as the Internet. Which confused me. A buyer on ebay suggested I ask here if anyone has put a motor on one of these bikes?
What kind do I get, where do I buy, and where can I get a "senior discount for a grandma?"
Thanks, Gaylin

hi gaylin, welcome to MBc 8)

let's start here (& prepare yourself for a ton of suggestions after you answer)...gas, electric, or don't know yet?

oh yeah...which model trike do you have?

my bike style

I have a Tailmate EZ Roll Regal. I thought gas would be cheaper than electric. Some of the sites I've looked at, the electric motors were very costly. thanks for your help. Gaylin

ok, here it is...let's get this party started :D

great!!!

thats it!! Mine is purple and I have a white basket on the back, I also paid extra for fenders. whats next?

well! i was thinking we'd be on a roll by now...

i'm not your guy for info on the rack mount engines, gaylin...someone will wander in and help, i'm sure...stay tuned :)

Welcome to MBc.

I'm working on a motored trike. I don't know if my idea is appropriate for your trike.
59_100_1333_1.jpg

here's a sweet electric powered trike...

2_azvinnie_1.jpg

there's a wealth of knowledge & experience here. someone will chime in...
dave

If it were mine, I would install a friction drive motor to the front wheel. Several manufactures make the complete kit. Do a search for " Bicycle motors", then find a dealer which sells a friction drive for front wheel. " Staton" is one I know of. I would opt for one with a clutch as well, where engine would be running while sitting still. I have an old Orline/Ohllson & Rice that runs on my front wheel & can easily adapt to 3 wheeler as well.

it would also help to know what you plan on using the bike for...local corner store runs, or longer rides
(electric has range limits,gas is more technical and tends to need tinkering)

my 3 wheel bicycle

I use the bike for fun & trips to the store. Nothing major. We live in the Ozarks (to many hills) so I found quickly to plan my route.
With gas prices out of control I want to use the bike more.
My husband mentioned the front wheel type system. Yesterday someone mentioned to me about the engine and "strokes"?? 2 & 4 ??
I'll look to you guys for my help !!! thanks, Gaylin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back