Advantages/Disadvantages of having a motorized bicycle

Tom

Local time
4:17 PM
Advantages:
No insurance cost
100MPG
No registration fees
You can't get moving violations (I think) so I will roll through stop signs and pass red lights (if its safe)
Way easier than pedaling
I can eat a huge meal then ride uphill to class without fealing sick
Cheaper than any car/motorcycle
Free parking right in front of where you want to be
Can strap it to the back of a car
Easy to work on
Easy to maintain

Disadvantages:
Everyone looks at me like I am riding some kind of alien spaceship.
Drivers don't see you...

Anyone else add to the list?

Advantages:
-i have a motor vehicle i can love and work on that fits my budget.
-i like the smell of fuel, & my hands are dirty again.
-in my case, the whole community is 2 1/2 by 25 miles, i can go anywhere anytime...no more
checking the (very limited) bus-schedule.
-EVERYONE wants to stop me & talk about my motor'd-bike, and i only just got it on the road
today. wutta great "ice-breaker."
-we only have 2 cops up here.

Disadvantages:
-same old biker's woe as always....you could have a 6ft orange flag on top of your helmet & a
disco ball mounted where the sun don't shine, & some numbnut's still gonna say "i didn't see you."

advantage:

being able to walk outside and start moving to your destination, then when you get back you ride right back to your back door and inside your house 0 no looking for a parking spot for your car.

IT's FUN!!! with the wind in your face

disadvantages:

It's kind of loud

drivers turn infront of you because they don't think you could be going as fast as you are.

no heat

I bet you could rig something up so that it sucks air past the cooling fins and blows it onto your hands. Get some dryer duct from the hardware store and maybe a fan? That would be way cool

Advantage :
Saves $$$ and the price of gas is going to go up high

no matter how mad you are when you get on it when you get off you have a big grin on your face.

no one is a stranger everyone wants to talk to you.

Xmas shoping is going to be easy no fighting for a parking spot.

Dis advantage : no heater and other drivers

Tom said:
I bet you could rig something up so that it sucks air past the cooling fins and blows it onto your hands. Get some dryer duct from the hardware store and maybe a fan? That would be way cool

well, let's ask try1897 'bout veewee heater boxes, bet he could come up with sumthin' for us ;)

giggel factor

last yr I was riding my bike to a local store when this rolex harley rider started jazzen me about my bike an he wanted to race so I told him ok you drain your tank of gas and I will drain mine and we will both put in 1 cup of gas and race from here to Baton Rouge and back no pit stops for gas (about 20 miles ) the old bikers laughed and the kid backed down big giggle factor :LOL:

Cookie

advantage being able to drive on the bike trail

disadvantage having to drive by all the old bikers with their harleys on the way home

Advantage: with a big basket, you can haul a lot of small things, go get a paper/tube of caulk, and not pay the OIL tax, if you are saving $2 in gas to take a package to the post office, then you can consider the trip a victory.

Nowadays, if my car "moves", it has to "do something", like haul 150 pounds of dog food. But if coffee is on sale for $3.99, limit 2, I can make a run of 3 Family Dollar Stores in the area and buy 6 cans.

My main advantage is the Zen Meditations, especially on long runs, seeing so much more at 30 mph than zipping by at 60 in a car.

Back