Advice and opinions on colors.

Local time
4:45 AM
I've started gathering the bits for my 3rd MB build which I'll do over the winter. My first bike was left the standard Schwinn Jaguar blue with silver accents. The second bike had an unpainted aluminum frame and I painted the steel suspension parts red, the fenders silver, and left the frame aluminum (silver).

I'd like to use a Staton chain drive again, this time with the NuVinci hub, but being retired on a fixed income makes money a prime consideration (I'm cheap because I have to be). I think I will go with a GEBE belt drive. I'll stick with a Robin engine as the 2 I've used have been as reliable as a stick. I want full suspension and disc brakes front and rear, so I'll be looking for a suitable inexpensive bike at Target, Wal*Mart, K-mart, Kids R Us, etc.

For the 3rd. MB I'm thinking either yellow or a dark metallic green, maybe with some gold or copper accents, stripes, etc. I like yellow, but the drawback for me is the rental bikes at the State Park here are yellow and I'm getting sick of seeing yellow bikes everywhere. My other thoughts are white or black. White is hard to keep clean, what with grease and oil. Black is pretty but shows dust so quickly. Any other colors you have opinions about or want to recommend? :D

Back