Kitt

Local time
7:37 PM
Hello all, I’ve built a few motorized 2 stroke bikes now and I’m starting to get into modifying them more, the whole motorized bike scene can be hard to navigate at times, and I was wondering what options do I have if I’d like to achieve 40-50mph. What’s a good course of action? I’ve been considering a reed valve, but I don’t have a strong grasp on everything I’d need to do to install one. It seems like the “simple” builds all have the same upgraded parts ( usually consisting of a reed valve, cnc head, bigger carb, expansion chamber, and maybe a new cdi) I’m just not sure if those are to only options I have or if they’re worth doing. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this, it’s been quite the dilemma to me.

First off Kitt, welcome to the forums. The simplest way to get more speed is the get a smaller gear for your rear wheel, They make them down to as low as 32 teeth. But, then you'll need an expansion chamber to get back some of your low end...... do see where this is going?

Hello all, I’ve built a few motorized 2 stroke bikes now and I’m starting to get into modifying them more, the whole motorized bike scene can be hard to navigate at times, and I was wondering what options do I have if I’d like to achieve 40-50mph. What’s a good course of action? I’ve been considering a reed valve, but I don’t have a strong grasp on everything I’d need to do to install one. It seems like the “simple” builds all have the same upgraded parts ( usually consisting of a reed valve, cnc head, bigger carb, expansion chamber, and maybe a new cdi) I’m just not sure if those are to only options I have or if they’re worth doing. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this, it’s been quite the dilemma to me.
probably the best thing to do is to get a mz65 pipe, or weld a adapter to a dirt bike pipe (i used a kx85 pipe, as most do as well) best thing to do is to port the motors. get a knockoff dremel tool for 20$ and take a hour to read this book (very useful down the road if you like dirtbikes and other 2 stroke stuff) http://www.amrca.com/tech/tuners.pdf
this will help you reach a better top speed.
shaving the head and cylinder also helps bump up the compression some (as they have low compression to run on less then ideal gas) and is a cheap and simple way to increase power and speed. and get NGK B6HS sparkplug, replaces the really crappy stock one.
gearing down is alright, but not very good if you have lots of hills to climb.

hope this helps you out some!

Just my opinion, but 40-50 is way to fast for a motorized
bicycle, unless you're a daredevil. Bicycles are just not
built for that kind of speed. You would need a heavy
duty frame, shocks front and back, and disk brakes.
I'd just buy a motor scooter, or 125-150cc moped.

built for that kind of speed.
40-50 mph is average speed for my motorized bicycle
But I'm a Daredevil :devilish: 🚴‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• DSCF9343.JPG
    DSCF9343.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCF1586.JPG
    DSCF1586.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 414
Baloney! 40-50 is not the typical speed for a
motorized bicycles. More like 30-35 mph is tops.
You don't know what you're talking about. With that
much speed and power 3hp, it's no longer consider
a motorized bicycle and needs to be licensed as a
moped, or motor driven cycle.

Sorry to say this but where i live anything 100CC or lower is moped and if it has workable pedals its a bicycle lol ASLONG as its 100cc or less :p
NO HP requirements

and it looks to me like Wrench's bike has workable pedals so where i live that is a bicycle

You sound a little jealous cause you ride a friction drive. You also sound kinda bitchy
A lot of guys like to beef up their M/B to go 50MPH and don't worry about the law.
Here in CA. 4hp is considered a M/B as long as it has functioning pedals.
Why should you care anyways? Your not a :devilish: Daredevil :ROFLMAO:

built for that kind of speed. You would need a heavy
duty frame, shocks front and back, and disk brakes.
I'd just buy a motor scooter, or 125-150cc moped.

Just because the M/B can go over 30 mph don't mean you have to be a :devilish: Daredevil and go over 30 mph
That's why you have a throttle. It lets the rider go as slow as the rider wants to go, or as fast as the bike can go.
You have a choice, You can be a :devilish: or a 🐔

Back