Engine Trouble After a fall

Only time my bike fell over it snapped the brake lever off.
It didn't cause any hard starting issues, but it sure was hard to stop :LOL:

I park my bike in the garage too. It fell over because I hit it with my M/C :oops:
I've thrown mine and wrecked it quite a few times. If you know me, you know I'm built pretty tough, I throw steel all day. I over head threw a 150lb man 15 feet into a wall. He didn't think I could do it and wouldn't gtfo of my way. Now imagine how far an 80lb bike will go. LOL. Always started right back up fine. New dings and dents, but runs great. lol

edit: wait I did break a pedal off throwing it like that once.

Now I use a strap to the rafters to keep it from falling completely over. Good thing to because I bumped it again with my M/C

DOH! :oops:

But thanks Karl for teaching me a new trick. I'm an old dog, but still enjoy learning new stuff about engines.

So let me say this about that... concerning spark plugs. In aviation we have an old saying; drop it once... drop it twice. The second time in the trash bucket! The porcelain insulator cracks too easy. Under pressure, electric current will leak out from the crack (that's the easiest way I can explain it). So handle those spark plugs with CARE! ;)

Now if it would just warm-up outside so I could go out for a relaxing ride...

But thanks Karl for teaching me a new trick. I'm an old dog, but still enjoy learning new stuff about engines.

So let me say this about that... concerning spark plugs. In aviation we have an old saying; drop it once... drop it twice. The second time in the trash bucket! The porcelain insulator cracks too easy. Under pressure, electric current will leak out from the crack (that's the easiest way I can explain it). So handle those spark plugs with CARE! ;)

Now if it would just warm-up outside so I could go out for a relaxing ride...
I know the feeling. I had a bad plug in my motorcycle when I bought it. Fought it forever trying to figure out what was going on. Switched plug wires around, boom found my problem. I use e3 in it now. No more NGK, they keep dying. I get better mileage and it runs smoother with those plugs too.

Back