(agent orange special) What could possibly go wrong?

well the little 29cc bike is being retired. it is a sad day.

BUT, dont fear, my projects always come back better.

in this case, i have an almost brand new 5 hp briggs. it has less than an hour of use, and looks factory, no dents not even any dirt packed in the fins, it just happens, that it will fit in the frame of the old 5 speed bike. now i know what you all want to know, and that is, it it gonna have gears? that is a definate yes. i feel that with this power, the gears are gonna be fairly shallow, but i have an idea to combat that. it is gonna be a street bike, as much as that pains me, but the casette doesnt have a creeper gear. i did the math, and i need a 6 to 1 for dirt use, but that will be very hard to make. i can make an about 5.5 to 1. (with a jackshaft) which should work ok. im gonna have about 65 ft lbs of torque, and with pedals, you can make more, so i hope i wont break the chain. its gonna have a centrifugal clutch, because there is no room for a cub cadet, or belt clutch. im gonna leave the governer in, and leave the engine 100000% stock. i need help connecting the throttle cable, on the below tank bracket. i really need a picture. speaking of pictures, i have mocked up the engine. let the build begin.

I am open to any advice, from the people that know about high power, and gears.

put my leg around the motor, on the starter side, and rest it in the air box, and the other leg i keep a few inches from the chain guard. my 6 2 buddy can ride it just fine. like crotch rocket pegs.

edit, i got her painted and put back together.

I see ya named it "DANGER BIKE",
Can't read the rest of what ya wrote.
How about a close up pic of that

BTW nice chain guard

Is it still snapping chains?

It might seem to me that the small drive gear pullIng from the cassette where the crank pedals used to be is not on a more gradually "chain to ring circumference" while driving the system. I'll attempt to draw up why I think this is happening, if it is.

Compared to new, is that drive gear pretty worn? Just how many chains have snapped and in a relative amount of miles?

Is it a chains per mile kinda deal?

Back