AGK's Disappointing Customer Service

Cozmik Mezzenger

Local time
7:36 PM
I got a pk19 carb from AGK. After about 2 weeks it started leaking from around the float bowl. So I pulled the float bowl to find the rubber O-ring had been stretched and now longer fit the groove that it is normally seated in. So, I shot off an email to AGK detailing my findings. They sent a reply stating they could ship me a new O-ring and based on my preference of shipping would cost between $8 and $12. So I responded by asking if the warranty covered stuff like this.

They answered:

"Warranty? Sorry but that’s funny.

This isn’t like you purchased a $2000 Holley EFI system for your built small block in your 1967 Nova. You purchased $26 Chinese carburetor for your $100 Chinese engine. Sadly there aren’t any warranties on this stuff.

Sometimes those float bowl gaskets will expand when the bowl is removed and sometimes they don’t. The same thing happens from time to time with the 22mm Mikuni. It’s a good idea to have a spare bowl gasket on hand especially when tuning as your taking the bowl on and off for jet changes.

We sent you two options for a replacement gasket. Feel free to go with one of those options if you are so inclined. We currently have one bowl gasket in stock. We hope to have more in about a week."

Needless to say, I was disappointed. It is only a $2 part

Attachments

• SDC10015.JPG
    SDC10015.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
upload_2017-4-30_0-48-37.png

Here is the shape of the O-ring. It has a little U shaped bit that may or may not be important. Also, I ordered a complete rebuild kit. It is coming in from Hong Kong.

Back