Ahoy

mah85

Local time
8:15 AM
Hey y'all, crazy canuck here. I've been searching on here for months now and will have some questions coming up that I haven't been able to find answers to yet. But in the meantime I thought I'd introduce myself and my new build. First time building and I went with a P85... Good idea? Well maybe not but I can't wait to find out haha.

Here is my P-85 mounted on my Hyper Bike Company Beach Cruiser Frame.

DSCN0229.JPG

DSCN0228.JPG

dscn0230-jpg.177757

DSCN0227.JPG

Nice! I'm thinking about upgrading my rims as well. Is that the stock Bofeng carb? If so how do you keep the filter on with that lack of meat to work with?

Hopefully the V3 has all the issues worked out but either way it's under warranty so I'm leaving it as is for now.

Is that the stock Bofeng carb?
YEP...lol.

how do you keep the filter on with that lack of meat to work with?
I have no problem with the airfilter holding on whatsoever, you might want to check if any of the threads on your BoFeng are stripped at all.

Hopefully the V3 has all the issues worked out but either way it's under warranty so I'm leaving it as is for now.
Mine is all stock with the exception of the aftermarket airfilter...It has more than enough power so no need to keep modifying things with a P-85.

Oh I see, I zoomed in on your picture and seen the bolts you have going through the filter! I thought it was just attached to the lip of the carb. Guess that solves that problem lol.

I should leave it stock but I usually can't leave well enough alone... Was just thinking port matching (to the reed valve) and open up the width of the ports slightly. That and a slightly better carb that allows me to tune it more. Who knows though I may just leave it but I'm certainly going to day dream about moding it haha.

I should leave it stock but I usually can't leave well enough alone
You really, really, really, should leave it stock...I haven't seen anyone, as of yet, had any real success at modding these P-85s as of yet...In fact, some have hurt its performance with so-called improvement modifications...lol...Just saying...lol.

A filter and NGK though for sure!
Definitely do that much, especially the NGK spark plug, I throw out those cheap Chinesium Z-4 and Z-8 plugs that come with the kits...Those plugs are awful...I'm running the colder NGK plug myself, NGK-BR8HS, other people have been running the hotter plug number NGK-BR6HS.

Back