Air filter problem

Here's a what it looks like. I used a real thick garden hose and wormgear clamps and its a really solid mount. Its a good option.

Attachments

• 20211213_194056_HDR.jpg
    20211213_194056_HDR.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 20211213_194151_HDR.jpg
    20211213_194151_HDR.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 117
That’s not a bad idea. I ordered the low profile filter from SBP and am still waiting for it. I have been looking at other posts and others have built the same Kent Thruster as I am and had no issues. I wonder if my engine just needs to be angled a bit more. Pics added to show. The green one is mine.
There is a ton of room between the engine and cross bar to move your engine up. With the engine on the front drop down, just slide it up until the air filter clears the seat post. Tighten the front clamp and make a spacer to fit the rear between seat post and engine, of course you'll need longer studs back there and maybe a new chain. HTH.

Received the SBP air filter and it’s too big. Gonna see if I can readjust the engine. If that doesn’t work I’ll try as Heavyload mentioned and cut my offset intake. Unfortunately it’s getting to cold to work outside so my project is put on hold until spring.

I wouldn't be able to wait I would be working on my bike in the house. Winter Project
But SOCAL don't have winter so I don't know what the Hell I'm talking about

I wouldn't be able to wait I would be working on my bike in the house. Winter Project
But SOCAL don't have winter so I don't know what the Hell I'm talking about
I totally would work inside but I don’t want the house smelling like gas and exhaust! Haha! Plus I gotta paint my frame again

My new filter came with a boot, took up space didn't really work and did away with. Bottom flange of filter matched carb perfect. Drilled two holes in chrome cover and attatched like the kit cleaner with longer screws. Sealed at carb with a bead of silicone. And yes I have my bike upside down on my kitchen island counter top. 🥳

Problem solved!!i just needed to adjust position of engine or is the carb too tilted?

I probably didn’t need the SBP low profile filter but it sure looks cool!

I’ve been slowly building this bike since July and I’m learning a lot just reading this forum! I have nobody to shoot ideas off of. Most of my friends don’t even have tools! Haha!

Thanks for all your help guys!

Attachments

• 70E3BCC3-CD05-4615-8816-8745A7F0C7AE.jpeg
    70E3BCC3-CD05-4615-8816-8745A7F0C7AE.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 109
Problem solved!!i just needed to adjust position of engine or is the carb too tilted?

I probably didn’t need the SBP low profile filter but it sure looks cool!

I’ve been slowly building this bike since July and I’m learning a lot just reading this forum! I have nobody to shoot ideas off of. Most of my friends don’t even have tools! Haha!

Thanks for all your help guys!
No tools, not my friend then. Lol. Men with no tools are called boys. Lol

Back