Air filters?

kmarcetjr

Local time
3:14 PM
Ok so the other day, 4 days ago I crashed on my MB, going to fast around a sharp right hand turn into a parking lot, low side crash/slide. I've got some road rash on my arm, but the bike got the worst of the damage. One of the mounting studs for the gas tank started to break away from the tank, I did a temporary fix on it using a butane torch and some solder, until my new tank gets here, also ordered a new aftermarket petcock to replace my troubled one. While I was working on the MB I also took off the air filter cover and drilled 7 or 8 15/64th's holes in it for better flow, while I was putting it back together I checked the filter, never looked at it when I was building the bike, it's the junkiest looking filter I've ever seen. So now I guess I want a better air filter, I need one that is at least partly covered in case I get caught in a Florida downpour, I wouldn't want to suck up too much rain water into the engine.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
rainwater isn't going to hurt your engine. it'll come in and blow right out the exhaust. the big concern with water in an engine is dirty water like what gets splashed up when you ride through a puddle or large amounts ie dropped your bike in a lake.

rainwater isn't going to hurt your engine. it'll come in and blow right out the exhaust. the big concern with water in an engine is dirty water like what gets splashed up when you ride through a puddle or large amounts ie dropped your bike in a lake.
The main issue I've had with water is when it's cold enough to frost the carb over, otherwise rain or shine, doesn't matter if its a downpour, no problems with water itself when it came to engine operation.

Back