Air leak doesn't make sense, crazy (new) vibration at high RPM

If your in the u.s.a make sure you check it out quick and order the parts. %25 increase in cost. Thanks Trump :cry:

I plan on doing it tonight, as I can't afford to have this bike down, or I'm walking to and from work. I have noticed oil on the outside of the cylinder, at the front - however I have ensured my exhaust gasket isn't blown. Starting to think head-gasket.

Yeah. That’s what I would assume. You can order a set of 2 gasket and piston rings on amazon for $7 with 1 week shipping or something with prime for pretty cheap

Just be careful riding it with it being like that. And try throwing in some extra oil in the gas and running with choke. And try tightining your head bolts to like 12ft lbs , it really isn’t much and easy to over tighten, just go till your lock washers are flattened. Just tightening the head down though could fix it.

I'm not sure what you mean. There's tons of threads about the NT carb needing to be sealed. Why would blowing on the carb cause it to die if the base gasket seal is blown? I don't understand.
because air going past carb hits back of base gasket (this is why I oil those gaskets when setting up a new motor)

Mine does that too I'll pull the clutch in and the thing acts as if it's throttle starts running away until i flip the choke on and back out idle screw.

Jag you were spot on. I just rode it with half to two thirds choke, and the badness and vibration is gone. I'm 90% sure my lower gasket is blown. I ordered a full gasket set and will just replace them all. I didn't put RTV on them when I put it together (didn't know any better) so I'll be sure to do that as well. Thanks so much guys and I'll report back with results - gaskets will be here Thursday.

That’s good you we figured it out. Make sure you use permatex ultra black. Tighten it up to about 4lb pounds (just past finger tight), let it sit over night then torque it all down and you should be good.

Is the ultra black heat resistant as well? I was going to use red high temp until I saw your comment

Back