Air Leak Frustrations (NSFW) | Long Ride On My Motorized Mongoose Fat Bike - She has been dubbed Nightmare.

Well, I meant to help solve the issue, then find a more permanent solution after.
I remembered something about the bit of tube that I was using between the carb and the silicone tube. It had this line around it that I had assumed was measured for the bit that goes into the carb. Then I remembered it only went halfway around. I thought that perhaps this uneven outer diameter could have been my problem so I cut a new piece from another old intake and am using that now. Will test it tomorrow. These pictures aren't super clear but you can see the line I'm talking about.

Attachments

• tube 01.jpg
    tube 01.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 128
  • tube 02.jpg
    tube 02.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 168
I remembered something about the bit of tube that I was using between the carb and the silicone tube. It had this line around it that I had assumed was measured for the bit that goes into the carb. Then I remembered it only went halfway around. I thought that perhaps this uneven outer diameter could have been my problem so I cut a new piece from another old intake and am using that now. Will test it tomorrow. These pictures aren't super clear but you can see the line I'm talking about.
I changed the tube between the carb and the silicone tube. Problem solved! I sprayed the ever lovin' poop out of the area, no air leak.

Back