All Entries - EZM 2012 In Frame, 4-Stroke, Build-Off

Please vote for your favourite bike in the EZM 2012 In Frame, 4-Stroke, Build-Off!

Voting is open to anyone who is a member of the forum. We encourage everyone to vote for their favourite build!

Chainmaker: I'm happy to provide you with that caffeinated nasal d**che! No charge...

PS: Only three of the six entries adhere to the contest rules (photo-documentation of the start of the build, etc).

Chainmaker: I'm happy to provide you with that caffeinated nasal d**che! No charge...

PS: Only three of the six entries adhere to the contest rules (photo-documentation of the start of the build, etc).

The thing that is so funny is I didn't think anyone even cared about this anymore,it was a build off for fun- some friendly competition between fellow forum members. If you want to pull up the "Official Rules" it doesn't say anything about build start being documented in that thread- just photo documentation, it also originally says bikes must be completed by July 5 a was yours. Once the deadline was moved it was to get more people involved therefore really canceling the validity of a build off. If you are the guy that needs a piece of etched glass to tell you you built a good bike- sorry. I built my bike to ride and entered at the suggestion of Quenton, knowing that these friendly competitions end up a mess. There is always someone unhappy about the outcome and has to be a wad. I don't need a trophy to tell me who won best bike, without a doubt MotoMagz hands down! More work, better details, just a much better bike all the way around.

Kind of a cavalier attitude you're sporting there, chainmaker. Yes, it was a build-off for fun. But it's also an officially sanctioned, bona fide contest with formal awards. And I don't know what rules you're reading, but Quenton's rule number three clearly states: Must document start of build with pictures. I guess that provides some evidence that you didn't just acquire the completed MB from somebody else.

I'm not "the guy that needs a piece of etched glass to tell [me that I] built a good bike." I can just as easily say that about you, but I really don't care what anybody's intentions are in entering this contest.

Your Whizzer is a stunning, standout MB. And I agree with you that motomagz has a great bike. My personal favorite of the bunch, hands down, is cdavid67's black beauty of a build.

Cheers,

Max

I'm sure if you were to look in the other thread(s) you will find everyones builds.Maybe not?I know mine is there before this one was started.It is over in my book nobody from EZM is stepping up to just say it is over so I stepped out along time ago.This has been going on for way to long.I know Q 's wife was ill but there are others who could of wrapped this up by now.Everyone did a great job.It is too bAd that Stanford the old moderator ruined this site I was always here and never wanted to just visit:cry:

If all the entries will send pictures of their bike I will have the awards produced. I am going to award all 5 listed as winners!

Sorry the contest wasn't run as planned [my wife's cancer changed my free time], however I wish to thank everyone for entering.

We will do this again, except I will make sure I have time to do it correctly.

Once again, Thanks for the great effort from everyone.

Just send best picture to:
quincy163@yahoo.com

And I will have the bike picture on the award.

Have fun,

I sent the following note to Quenton when I emailed my bike photo to him, and I thought it would be appropriate to share it here...

Dear Quenton,

Let me say that I think your just-announced way of resolving the latest build-off contest is very classy and gentlemanly. I'm proud to be one of "the five."

I call my bike the "Pistone-Pedali" (pis-TONE-ay ped-alley):

"pistone" = Italian singular for "piston"
"pedali" = Italian for "pedals"

A current photo of my bike is attached.

Many thanks for your great support in the few years I've been in this hobby (support on the phone, and in emails; and in the forums). Your Q-Matic is a great product; bullet-proof and reliable.

And, I hope your wife is doing well.

Best regards,

Max

PS: I finally installed the cast-iron, balanced secondary pulley that I bought from you a while back, and it's provided a nice improvement in low end pull, overall smoothness, and top end. Can't beat that!

build-off-Max.jpg

Hi,

First let me thank everyone for the outstanding effort invested in each motorbike. The bikes are outstanding!

As some are aware, I had to give up on the "Build-Off" due to serious family health issues. When the contest started I contracted and paid the throphy company for the awards.

Some of the entries asked that I donate the award money to Cancer research instead of purchasing the awards , I did both.

Here are pictures of the awards for the 2012 "Build-Off" and please note all 6 of the final entries are Winners.

PLEASE send me a mailing address for each entry, and I will send awards ASAP.

6 WINNERS:
Chainmaker
Tom-Fishing
CDAVID67
Max-M
MotoMagz
Josh Moon

Sorry it took so long, however family medical issues forced me to turn the contest over to others [Thanks to everyone who helped].

Once again, PLEASE send mailing address for each winner! To:
quincy163@yahoo.com

Have fun,

Last edited:
Back