Almost done... Just a few more questions.

If I wanted S/P Wire I would order off e bay some Vintage 7mm S/P wire / copper core
It's sold by the foot and comes in many different colors and patterns

Here's just a few, IMO it always adds a nice vibe to the bike

Attachments

• DSCF9674.JPG
    DSCF9674.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF9675.JPG
    DSCF9675.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF9676.JPG
    DSCF9676.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 45
If I wanted S/P Wire I would order off e bay some Vintage 7mm S/P wire / copper core
It's sold by the foot and comes in many different colors and patterns

Here's just a few, IMO it always adds a nice vibe to the bike
Those MSD wires I have were left over from doing the spitfire. I had to buy a set for a V8 and some of them are like 4' long, I can get lots of MB plug wires from them. I even had left overs from the short ones I used for the spitty.

Does anyone know of any good single speed or 3 speed free wheel rear wheels around the 50 dollar range, I am looking to replace my rear wheel soon. Also I'd prefer spoke wheels, not mag wheels.

Does anyone know of any good single speed or 3 speed free wheel rear wheels around the 50 dollar range, I am looking to replace my rear wheel soon. Also I'd prefer spoke wheels, not mag wheels.
Sorry to say but only a $50 investment into any kind of a rear wheel isn't going to get you very much strength or quality. What one then has to ask oneself: "Is my life worth the money I'll need to spend to be safe".

Sorry to say but only a $50 investment into any kind of a rear wheel isn't going to get you very much strength or quality. What one then has to ask oneself: "Is my life worth the money I'll need to spend to be safe".
I figured that much, so what would be the most affordable option? Would it be more affordable to just order some parts and build my own wheel, then have a bike shop true it?

]]0
I figured that much, so what would be the most affordable option? Would it be more affordable to just order some parts and build my own wheel, then have a bike shop true it?
Exactly what are you wanting to use the 3-speed IGH for? You could use a cassette hub and simply reduce the number of cogs from 8 to 4. Get a double-walled rim and use Sapim, Wheelsmith or DT spokes. Then a bicycle shop can true it for you.

]]0

Exactly what are you wanting to use the 3-speed IGH for? You could use a cassette hub and simply reduce the number of cogs from 8 to 4. Get a double-walled rim and use Sapim, Wheelsmith or DT spokes. Then a bicycle shop can true it for you.
I just like the way 3 speed hubs work, but I really don't need multiple speeds at all, just a shorter gear in the back for pedaling. But I'll look into getting some parts to build a wheel.

Back