Almost through with my 2 gallons of ~16:1...what now?

i mixed it all up today... i have less smoke than before, and my 7 speed is doing well (not perfect...need to adjust the internal shifter linkage a little)

It almost feels like it doesnt have the umpf it had before.... maybe its just having an off day...or maybe my tires need a little more air as they have been sitting.

I put 5 oz in a gallon of fuel. so 25:1

I went through my engine and tightened the head down (havent done it yet) and got about a 1/4 turn out of them before i started wincing in fear. I also replaced my exhaust gasket, as i used RTV before when i cracked the old one. I now have a 3mm thick composite gasket. I also drilled some holes in the air cleaner and chopped off the spouts on the bottom of it for better air flow. I didnt mess with the filter though.

I just feel like this motor has more in it than what i felt today. Maybe i am not finding the powerband like i think i should.

Does this thing produce more power up high in the RPM's or low? I almost feel it pull better when it is revving lower.

Also, today i noticed it 4 stroking a little more than usual. I cleaned the spark plug and closed the gap a hair to see if that would help.

Any input?

oh yeah, running much better today! Seems if i keep the RPM's lower, it is happier and has more power...

Are you using prem or reg fuel? I started with prem fuel at 16:1. It was a 4 stroker at mid to high rpm, ran fairly good at low rpm after I changed needle setting. It started to run a lot better after break in. (now I run 25:1) But having trouble at high rpm's, barely hitting 21 mph. (I have hit over 40 on a good day) When I forget to tun the fuel valve on it starts to run at a better (higher) rpm just before it starves for fuel. Going to change needle setting again (one more notch, less fuel moore air) I'll see what happens. I did not fallow the break in rules, 1/4 throttle first tank, 1/2 throttle 2nd tank and so on. I did fallow the mixture rule, but I ride WOT!!! It might be time for a new engine (differant brand this time). This might give me a chance to see how these cina made motors are configured.(from the inside out)!! I hope you have good luck with yours!!!

Does any one have a sight with oil to fuel mixtures? The one I use is for marine engines. And are they accurate?

best clear cup with markings

The one I use is for marine engines. And are they accurate?

if it's like what I think it is -- darn good

see through cup kind of a thing with all the mixture marks ??

if not best found are at motor cycle shops that carry 2-cycle dirt bikes

not the kind my cousin bought at Kragans -- syringe type -- sloppy !!!!

MM

The sight I used was csgnetwork.com Don't really now what the problem is with my RAW 80cc yet. Hope it's not a mixture mis calculation.(it might be dead from my abuse) Not sure yet, It's my only transportation at the moment, so I can't disable it until I get my unemployment check. But I do want to do an autopsy to under stand the dynamics of this configuration (I build air cooled vw & porche engine in my sleep) only rebuilt one 2stroke in my life (71 Yamaha 125cc enduro, I was 17) that was a long time ago! (1976) Any suggestions ?

PS. MM; I did not answer correctly, I do use a cup, not a syringe. I am not sleeping well, no job,(Crashed at 32mph on a dirt road, Got discharged fro my job.) new baby (boy) and my transportation has slowed down. A little to much to think about all at one time!

Back