Aloha from the new guy!

K

Ken Lang

Man am I glad to find this site.
Thank you,
I have 2 bikes w/motors.
One is a rear wheel drive (friction) thing that does my tires fast. Dimension edge in Montana.
The latest is the Chinese 40cc thing that everybody seems to be selling. Because of the gear drive I want to get it running to avoid the slipping from the friction drive during wet pavement.
I could really use some good advice on making this new one right from the start.
For instance, the rear wheel spokes, it is suggested to use the 2.0 m (or 105) ?? spokes but finding them and the right wheel to mount it all is getting to be a real chore, we drilled out the old hub and wheel, but the spokes sent have been to long...any suggestions (on any part) of this assembly will be greatly appreciated.
Anybody, have any experience with these airless tires? http://www.nu-teck.com/
Mahalo for all your help. I look forward to being a part of this group for some time... Ken

I think that Golden Eagle sells wheels with heavy spokes. You might try them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help. I emailed the company earlier and asked about the problems with their solid tires. They responded w/ the Warranty is negated, and they don't recommend using them on motor bikes. At the same time they said some smaller motor wheels used silicone to help keep these tires from rolling off the rim. Sounds like something we want to happen at about 18 miles per hour while doing a tight turn huh... http://www.nu-teck.com/product.html sure sounds great with the custom psi thing. To Bad, as you all know changing the rear tire in the wild with the two sprockets makes for a tough time. Ken

:cool:Howziit Ken,

call owner Jay or wife Jane at EKI CYCLERY in Honolulu at 808-847-2005. they can easily build a HD rim for you.

i bought two new RALEIGH ladies cruiser from them, and electrified one to run 25mph/50-mile+range. i also get my parts from them for my motorized 20" DAHON folder and my old SCHWINN twin-engine project.

what kind of bikes do you have, Ken? is your chinese project single speed or multiple-speed?

Myron

Welcome to the group! I have a friend that lives in Hawaii that has one of my frames. His name is Marty and I can't for the life of me remember on which island he lives.

Dan

Back