Alternate carbs for 66cc Happytime engine?

heathyoung

Local time
12:00 PM
Hey all - I am getting a 66cc used happytime 2 stroke, but I also have a Walbro WYK 15mm performance carb that used to be fitted to a high powered 50cc engine.

Would this carb be a performance upgrade? (it has adjustable high and low jets) and a (very) large throat + no float) Or a waste of time and effort?

What size is the intake port on the head? And the bolt spacing for the mounts?

Cheers
Heath Young

No I didn't, but it would be a great solution for a smaller framed bike I have that the stock carb doesn't fit on... So very tempting. It needs a rebuild (I cannabalised the diaphragm to fix another carb) but the manifold would be simple enough to make.

Update. Even more tempting is the fact that if you drill out the holes for the mounting bolts to fit the 6mm studs on a HT engine, it lines up PERFECTLY.

Its been made for this engine :) All you need is a small intake manifold (made out of aluminium or a phenolic plastic and you are set. You could file off some of the fins and mount it directly to the motor if so desired as well.

Update. Even more tempting is the fact that if you drill out the holes for the mounting bolts to fit the 6mm studs on a HT engine, it lines up PERFECTLY.

Its been made for this engine :) All you need is a small intake manifold (made out of aluminium or a phenolic plastic and you are set. You could file off some of the fins and mount it directly to the motor if so desired as well.

Sometiime, somebody has got to come up with a better high performance carb ot modifed....

Back