Alternative Tensioner Methods

• Thread starter Deleted member 30828
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but that's the sketchiest crap I've seen in awhile! That is completely unnecessary, and I can clearly see the upper chain line is cutting into the seat stay, no tensioner would be a better setup for this frame type as I've done it many times.
As I've said earlier, a tensioner must be used on this frame. Not all bikes frames are the same size.

And no, the chain is not touching the stay at all

For those interested, as I am someone with actual hands on experience with this product..it works well, with minimal tension on the top wheel.

The bottom tension wheel is doing as it should, adding tension. the top tension wheel is holding the top chain in place, feeding it into the motor at an optimal angle, without any noticeable extreme pressure on the top wheel... certainly less tension on the top than bottom, and not a cause of concern.

Edit: actual hands on with this product, you would realise the bottom wheel is not pulled up as tight as it normally would be. Therefore the top is not tense as it would be, allowing it to adjust over the top wheel as needed. Your assumptions are based on how this system normally works with one wheel.

I dont have the bottom tensioner overly tight to begin with... there is some small amount of slack overall which allows the chain to rotate smoothly without too much tension, but of course not too much slack to jump the wheel.

After roughly 30 miles of riding, it is the smoothest tensioner setup I've had thus far, and would recommend a try to those with similar issues. I dont think they would be selling kits with this method if it didn't offer some benefit....but if it fails in the future, I will return and update. 👍
I have "actual hands on experience" with the arc tensioner. Guess what? That has F-all to do with what I said in my post. Just basic operational facts with how chain drives work.

I have nothing more to say, I refuse to try and help people who ask for help and then snub everybody the second they say anything that they disagree with.

I have "actual hands on experience" with the arc tensioner. Guess what? That has F-all to do with what I said in my post. Just basic operational facts with how chain drives work.

I have nothing more to say, I refuse to try and help people who ask for help and then snub everybody the second they say anything that they disagree with.
Actually I never asked for your help. I simply made a post about something new I found which is working just fine for me, thus far.

Everyone here wants to chime in only to tell me how bad of an idea it is lol.
I'm not the one who invented this guys... Its a kit with decent ratings sold on amazon, which others may find useful.

Nothing you have said is helpful regardless, so how about you do us a favor and dont say anything at all

Actually I never asked for your help. I simply made a post about something new I found which is working just fine for me, thus far.

Everyone here wants to chime in only to tell me how bad of an idea it is lol.
I'm not the one who invented this guys... Its a kit with decent ratings sold on amazon, which others may find useful.

Nothing you have said is helpful regardless, so how about you do us a favor and dont say anything at all
You made a post on an open forum asking for advice or help, so yes you did ask for my help as well as everybody else on here. 😉

That is why literally EVERYBODY but you has said basically the same things over and over.

Also, it's a kit, but arch tensioners generally only come with the one roller for the lower chain position for the exact reasons I listed. I personally don't give two wet farts if you run one up top, and if your reading comprehension skills were worth a darn you would have noticed I never once criticized you. I merely laid out the mechanical theory and reasons behind the other suggestions.

Your issue is, your ego is too over inflated that you can't take any sort of criticism without feeling attacked.

Fun fact, nobody here is that invested in you or your bike. Hence why everybody has been making a mockery of you and this thread.

Have a nice day! 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back