Sprockets alternative to rubber mounted sprocket ?

manuel newsom

Local time
11:21 AM
my rubber mounted sprocket keeps wobbling no matter how much i adjust it is there any other solid way to install the sprocket, i quickly looked into using the brake disc mount but i cant find much info on that, any better way ?

my rubber mounted sprocket keeps wobbling no matter how much i adjust it is there any other solid way to install the sprocket, i quickly looked into using the brake disc mount but i cant find much info on that, any better way ?
You need a 6 hole sprocket for the brake mount.

Depends on the frame, and depends on the wheel. If you go using another narrow chain stay having frame like the last one (the reason it failed) it could be an issue but is an easier one to fix than an off center or wobbly rag joint

I am not shy about spreading stays, I have gone as far as +40mm on steel frames without issue... but DO NOT confuse that as a recommendation; spreading +10-15 is no big deal as long as you get it relatively square to the center line.

If you used an older (or cheap) freewheel threaded disc ready hub than you could cut the offset width difference of most 5 or 6 speed gears, but the wheel would need to be retrued to match the new offset.

I build wheels, so this is all simple stuff to me... although it can be difficult to adequately explain
well i guess im gonna try to do that, tomorow im going to the bike shop to see what i can get im gonna try something with break discs so i dont have to buy another wheel but ill see the price difference.

can you send me the product page for your sprocket because all the one i saw are just stock one with brake disc mounting holes but yours looks like it has some kind of bracing ?

well i guess im gonna try to do that, tomorow im going to the bike shop to see what i can get im gonna try something with break discs so i dont have to buy another wheel but ill see the price difference.

can you send me the product page for your sprocket because all the one i saw are just stock one with brake disc mounting holes but yours looks like it has some kind of bracing ?
And now your adventure down the rabbit hole begins into our insane little hobby/sport...lol...DAMIEN

This will seem like what our bikes are all about in a nutshell...lol.

And now your adventure down the rabbit hole begins into our insane little hobby/sport...lol...DAMIEN
Yup. For me it was constantly changing out the wheels. And I might even do it again for the lets see, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7th time!! Fitment issues, coaster brake destruction, and now I can't replace this broken spoke cuz a welded a mount to the hub flush against the spokes 🙃. But at least I was able to weld the spoke back on. Lets see how long that holds up 😆

Keep in mind matching the correct fork dropout spacing, having strong spokes, unpainted rims if using rim brakes, and no coaster brake wheels.

Back