Aluminum frame fatbike? Do I dare?

Wow the OT discussion almost makes my question foolish. Most certainly my fatbike is doable as a street cruiser, from seeing that fleet of rat rod bashers.

Anyone have input on jackshaft issues? Using three-bearing mount, extended shaft on right side, collar locks on both sprockets. I have a 14” shaft threaded both ends, plan to cut to length. Seriously considering locknut on LH side, collar on RH. I so happened to do a triage on bearings and shaft that got replaced after shaft pulled out.
Center bearing locked, LH bearing grinding. They got pitched with the old shaft.

I have PGN brand 99502HNR now, good RPM and side load rating, but I’m gonna look a bit harder for another set, metal side shields 2ZZ instead of 2RS, as I suspect that inside bearing gets toasty, rubber side shields not the best for this.

Treated first 48cc build like a shed project. Live and learn.
Doing this one more like a retrofit assigned to me by my engineering manager.
I even have a receiving basket at my freshly rearranged MB retrofit shop, formerly a shed.

Later today? First ‘before’ pic, with new 3” not-so-fat gangsta whitewall they look badass.
That’s after my other project, that other MB, some jackleg (me) slopped together and blew a circlip, smoked his jack shaft, it’s a callback, no warranty retrofit gets cleared for return to the jackleg today, hopefully, for another breakin.

Pictured with its new feet. Compared to the Speedsters, it's a heavier tire, looks every bit as tall. Measured over 3 wide, and almost 3.3 tall.
Great cruiser tire from its looks. Popping beads loads of fun, it took a couple of tries and lots of soapy spray.

Makes the Hookworms look puny. And they are. Spec 2 5. Measured 2.3 thats a ripoff. Good tires, but not big as they say.

It needs cruiser bars, 6" riser, dump the extender.
And a motor.
Street Fat.

Attachments

• 20220311_130225.jpg
    20220311_130225.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 20220311_130210.jpg
    20220311_130210.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 131
Pictured with its new feet. Compared to the Speedsters, it's a heavier tire, looks every bit as tall. Measured over 3 wide, and almost 3.3 tall.
Great cruiser tire from its looks. Popping beads loads of fun, it took a couple of tries and lots of soapy spray.

Makes the Hookworms look puny. And they are. Spec 2 5. Measured 2.3 thats a ripoff. Good tires, but not big as they say.

It needs cruiser bars, 6" riser, dump the extender.
And a motor.
Street Fat.
I love white walls. Love love love white walls. Makes everything look good.

I modified this mount for my schwinn to see how it turned out. Clearance is enough for a black pvc sleeve like the one under the single clamp. This tube worked well as a test fit and weld jig.

20220319_140500.jpg

Final three-piece assembly minus sleeves.
20220322_161528.jpg

Back