am i crazy or is this the best idea or the worst idea to put a husky top end on one of these bikes

I would be taking advantage of the compression release port on the cylinder. If you ever had the chance to spin over a big, (73cc or larger..) pull rope start chainsaw, that little decompression device is a great idea, and they auto close once the engine starts.
The compression release on a bicycle isn't really needed, the bike provides enough torque to cycle without an issue.

The compression release on a bicycle isn't really needed, the bike provides enough torque to cycle without an issue.
honestly i was just thinking with a saw i can run the thing full out all day tank after tank without ever worrieing about the thing goin bust on me well with my hilti saw and husky at least like there durable i mostly wanted to increase the things life span at full throttle for long periods i dont know if aanyone has kept one of these hings pinned funtill death just for fun but ive seen some saw torture tests and they go for a retarded amount of time

honestly i was just thinking with a saw i can run the thing full out all day tank after tank without ever worrieing about the thing goin bust on me well with my hilti saw and husky at least like there durable i mostly wanted to increase the things life span at full throttle for long periods i dont know if aanyone has kept one of these hings pinned funtill death just for fun but ive seen some saw torture tests and they go for a retarded amount of time
They handle extremely well for longevity due to being nikasil plated. That is assuming you keep it cool. Saws are forced air cooled

They handle extremely well for longevity due to being nikasil plated. That is assuming you keep it cool. Saws are forced air cooled
yeah the motor i got is supposedly nicklesil plated it must be i cant see aluminium holding up to the wear from piston rings otherwise i wonder if making a liquid colling system would be worth it probably no more then just sticking a blower on the block to cool it down
altho it would look pretty cool be kinda a pain but i wanna build a hybrid electric anyways would be cool little deisle motor powering a geny to run the wheels would be cool have some super caps and a battery bank with some inverers and stuff wopuld be sweet not to mention have hella torque lol but thats a diffrent thing all topgether

No I'm refering to the increase in displacement and compression that makes starting harder, which also can cause issues with the gears/clutch/chain and sprockets that weren't designed to handle the loads. Pushing in the decompressor makes getting the engine spinning far easier.

yeah the motor i got is supposedly nicklesil plated it must be i cant see aluminium holding up to the wear from piston rings otherwise i wonder if making a liquid colling system would be worth it probably no more then just sticking a blower on the block to cool it down
altho it would look pretty cool be kinda a pain but i wanna build a hybrid electric anyways would be cool little deisle motor powering a geny to run the wheels would be cool have some super caps and a battery bank with some inverers and stuff wopuld be sweet not to mention have hella torque lol but thats a diffrent thing all topgether

The stock engine has chrome plating which is the industrial norm for most modern small 2 cycle engines, it's the quality control issues on the Happy Time bike engines that makes the difference. Plating with nikasil isn't going to improve this if the other quality control problems aren't fixed first. I have a 40 year old weedeater engine with thousands of hours use that still has good compression. It's a chrome plated cylinder.

the motor i got was the raw racer 2 from gas bbike.net ive gotten rid of everything other then the motor got a selloroto carb extended intake manifold im thinking of just putting a can style exaust from my snow blower on it cuz its really close to my butt and i usually just run without but i dont wanna have something fall into the motor that way i donno i swapped out the sproket with a 28 tooth but im gonna swap the whle thing into another frame i got or get a better frame with 29 inch tires i may even get a bigger 24 inch frame or a diffrent 26 with a more extreme cutout so the motor sits lower cuz i like small frame bikes but then its where do i put the motor i guess i could get a chopper style it could handle a bigger motor as well i donno i found a site where you can get honda motors for mini bikes and stuff with transmission and everything reddy to go for reasonable priceds i should post a link

Back