Am I crazy?

Am I crazy?

• Total voters
i noticed this was gettin' a bit old & someone dug it up...so has anything happened since the OP? elfdowney, did you do it? still thinking? is the bike still available?

you know who's input would really count? bird's...if he told me i could count on it, i'd go for it :)

yeah, he's a good kid, very amiable
me n vinnie met him (among others) at spookytooth's ralley up the mountain.
personally, I prefer a trailer,
just my old towtruck driving habits I guess

Well, I love to ride and yesterday cleared about 40 miles round trip which I think is my limit, I was so tired and all that vibration sorta rattled my head silly.
Make sure and take all your tools and check all those bolts that seem to come loose so often.
I wouldnt do it. I would suggest working up to it.

I would do it in a New York second and around every 200 miles, I'd take it out of the trunk of my Rolls Royce and ride it in the rest area.
Doc

I say go for it! You will find out if it is a reliable mode of transportation real fast that way! If you go coast to coast, I want to go! I am in California, shouold I start now?:helmet:

The way I see it, why not?

I mean, basically, you are crazy, but it will be one interesting trip. It's something you can brag about. Even if your MB dies, you will have the journey. If you make it you will probably be very good at fixing MBs.

Just make sure to stock up well for your trip- keep your sidecar full of a few gallons of water, and fill up your bottles every time you stop somewhere with a faucet. Have extra gasoline and extra oil. Have clothing for all weather, space blanket, ect...

Keep an ATM card with some money on it in case you need to go to the hardware store (and have a wrench plus extra nuts, bolts, and washers/lockwashers), carry duct tape. Have a cell phone, but keep it turned off and only turn it on when you need to make a call. Oh, and road maps and atlesses. Do your homework beforehand and just make sure you take a route well populated- hardware stores, tractor/lawnmower dealerships, home depots/lowes, bicycle stores, ect.. are your friends.

And if the bike dosn't already have a gell seat- get one.

Back