Am I crazy?

Am I crazy?

• Total voters
E

elfdowney

Hi Group... I have finally found the bike I want... a black broadtrack with sidecar... actually it's Bird's bike, for sale in the "For Sale" forum... I'm in luv with the bike!!!... problem is he lives in Tucson, AZ and I live in Jacksonville, FL... I was thinkin'... Instead of buying it sight unseen (except fpr pic's), I'd ride the bus out there and ride it back... granted I/ve got ZERO motoredbike experience, but I'd been thinking about doing a coast to coast on the Southern tier on my recumbent... but opted out for a section hike on the Appalachian Trail last March... bird say I'm crazy that the motor won't make it... i figure I could drop the motor chain if the motor went south and pedal the thing home... whatta ya'll think?... should I go for it? :?

Good opportunity to "Post a Poll"....

"Are you crazy" would be a NO GO, and
"Get er done" would be a sadistic YES

Make sure you add the MANDATORY third MB.com choice, "I don't vote in polls, but still you are nuts."

But UPS could ship/carry kit AND sidecarkaboodle in 3 boxes, and having 100 boxes to assemble, WITH CHINESE INSTRUCTIONS, :eek: would be better than crossing Texas in the summertime.

21_a9_1.jpg

I voted that you should go for it, but I'm always up for insane adventures......

Realisticly, you will probably make it, but you won't be happy and the bike will be a little tired when you get home!

I mean there's an eighty something year old guy walking across the U.S. right now, so if you took it easy......

ARrrrr me hearties! plunder be in those hills over there!

Git r' Dun! :D

Seriously I would bring spare parts if I were you.

I had a HUNCH this organization had an mean streak barely under the surface, and the early voting (75 views-7 vote / 10 percent participation) CONFIRMS :

a: the expected general apathy

b: "Let Mikey try it" sneaky types, with gleeful urging, to share in the misery of others, as long as its not me. :devilish:

Sorry elf, your poll got bogused, and insanity has prevailed. :???:

So, elf has the bug, time to place the wagers.

Will he buy that bus ticket?: I'm thinking 3-1 YES
Will he hit the Texas line in 3 days? Offering even YES
Will he make it outta Texas 5 days later?: Giving 20-1 odds NO
Total number of pickup trucks giving him sympathy rides. Under/over 37.
Total number of pickup trucks hauling livestock he has to share space with Under/over 4

Place your bets early.

This forum is the best!

I will vote yes, only if you get an honest opinion that the bike will make it that far. you should get a run down from the owner as to how to perform basic maintenance on the bike such as how to tighten the clutch pads, how to work the choke (each bike performs a little differently - but we all encounter the same range of issues).

I say go for it!.You sould just move at a smell the roses pace,12 to 15 mph carry lots of water and a small cooler of ice,bring a sleeping bag and a tarp and rest under the big sky!Hell if I had the time to right now I would ride to Florida with you......Just Do It!

Back