Am I forked? Weigh in on this please.

Worked some on the bike this weekend. The end of the ezip forks are 4 flat pieces of metal stuck together. Removed all of the old ezip stuff including the motor - what a pain bigtime. Rear rack old brake handles. The PAS sensor will be a PAS in the rear to get it off. Have to remove the main gear and pedal arms. The shipper papamotors wheel seems a tad narrower than the one that came with the Ezip, but I am confident the tire from my ezip will still fit it, in this case a 26 inch.

Be aware, you cannot remove the ezip motor gear off the hub. Yes it can be removed, but, it is part of the rear wheel hub so best to leave it on. Tomorrow over to the bike shop to swap tires and see if my tubes are thorn proof. If they are then it should allow me to finish up stuff tomorrow. Then waiting on the main battery and charger.

I want to just say that Papamotors has been super responsive from before getting this. They are primo in my book. Will continue updating and final photos once I get this nailed about two weeks I am thinking, maybe less.

On the power plug from the Papamotors front hub motor wheel, you must de-wire the plug to get the torque bars on the axle. A bit of work and hopefully I plugged the right pins in the right places. They said they shipped the battery/charger system so should have those in a week or two. Had the local bike shop install a thorn proof tube with my old ezip tire on the papamotors rim. Was worth it. I discovered that ezip mountain bikes do not ship with a thorn proof tube.

Back