amazing little 50cc going to park some bigger ones!

There must be more to it than I am seeing. I see variables in 4 strokers with valve timing, but the two stroke should be steady. My still on the learning curve way of understanding it is 9 to 1 is squeezing normal pressure of 1 till it is 9 times greater. So if normal is 14.37 psi at 600 ft. then it's 9 X 14.37=129.3
You are right that is the uncorrected value just as the above calc! so based on what I have seen trying the different calc's the corrected value would be around 10:1 and that seems more realistic to me one because it's running well on pump gas and two because as I said there is slight incress in pressure required to turn it over but not like that of trying to kick over something at 12:1 or higher!

I wonder why grubee stopped bringing these pipe's in and how sbp has the closest varient? makes me wonder big time! look at the one's in the top corners looks like the same chamber to me just different header tubes!
That pipe doesn't seem to do very well at producing much more power than stock in comparison to a real expansion chamber. It might, but the header tends to be so long it's probably before anyone could notice it.

If you don't know what exactly you're doing that pipe isn't so super useful and so it probably wasnt even popular enough to keep on hand..

The bulldog (not sure what they call it on other sites) seems to be far closer to the design that's needed, not to mention I've got experience riding that muffler, both the banana type AND the bulldog, and find that the older banana version didn't have quite the kick the bulldog does now, even with a leaking exhaust on the cylinder itself my friend's bike hauls some seriously strong ass. The only change is the pipe which was a bulldog welded to a header and that brought it to real serious life. Nothing like the old banana style that once was part of the same set up.

He is also using a jackshaft, which seems to work very well by keeping that nice powerband right in the gear ratios on the 8 speed cassette, maybe it's chance but it works very well.

So it would appear that the market is inclined to ignore the various banana pipes and looking to supply an actual bolt on power fixer-uper.

My 2 pennies on why they dumped the product.

That pipe doesn't seem to do very well at producing much more power than stock in comparison to a real expansion chamber. It might, but the header tends to be so long it's probably before anyone could notice it.

If you don't know what exactly you're doing that pipe isn't so super useful and so it probably wasnt even popular enough to keep on hand..

The bulldog (not sure what they call it on other sites) seems to be far closer to the design that's needed, not to mention I've got experience riding that muffler, both the banana type AND the bulldog, and find that the older banana version didn't have quite the kick the bulldog does now, even with a leaking exhaust on the cylinder itself my friend's bike hauls some seriously strong ass. The only change is the pipe which was a bulldog welded to a header and that brought it to real serious life. Nothing like the old banana style that once was part of the same set up.

He is also using a jackshaft, which seems to work very well by keeping that nice powerband right in the gear ratios on the 8 speed cassette, maybe it's chance but it works very well.

So it would appear that the market is inclined to ignore the various banana pipes and looking to supply an actual bolt on power fixer-uper.

My 2 pennies on why they dumped the product.
could well be lol thanks!

Well I have put about 50 miles on the 50cc now had tank venting issue but other than that all is good so far ! I went for a 10 mile ride and rode a 1/2 mile no fixed speed 4.5 miles at wot stopped checked temp 320f rode back 4.5 miles up and down between 3/4 and half throttle and the 1/2 mile from idle to half put it in the shop checked temp again and 225f not to bad I'd say mind you it's still not hot outside etheir!

Attachments

• 2017-04-23 21.50.12.jpg
    2017-04-23 21.50.12.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 213
Well it's 5 months latter and the little 50cc had not been touched as far as repairs go and my son,myself,my neighbour and a couple others all rode it hard every time out and we put well over a thousand miles on it at 190 p.s.i no tunned pipe just a speed carb with a 72 jet it pulled just as well any mant times better than the 66's it ran with, it smoked over a half dozen local riders in the 1/4 and had a ttop speed of 45 mph.My son however last week not really knowing the sound of detonation or realizing it was happening tried to catch up to me holding wot down a long hill and killed the piston and the big end is showing wear and now needs replaced but five months of hard use with that comp and there is no excess cylinder wear or even flaking as some say would occur and beleive it or not the jug is still good!After inspection it has no scratches or feelable lines anywhere.

Attachments

• 2017-09-14 14.36.57.jpg
    2017-09-14 14.36.57.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 2017-09-14 15.02.44.jpg
    2017-09-14 15.02.44.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 2017-09-14 15.04.11.jpg
    2017-09-14 15.04.11.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 219
Back