Amazon bicycle motor kits

Toby woodman

Local time
10:53 AM
I have had a few bad experiences with some of the Amazon bike engine kits. including sever cylinder scoring and seizing and poorly tapped threads that strip when you take the bolt out for the first time. I am specifically talking about the 66/80cc kit that is OUNNO bandied about £89 pounds in the uk. about $100 in the US. I know these are Chinese engines and won't last as long but I wasn't expecting such bad quality. can you get a good engine for a price around 100 - 150 dollars.

I have had a few bad experiences with some of the Amazon bike engine kits. including sever cylinder scoring and seizing and poorly tapped threads that strip when you take the bolt out for the first time. I am specifically talking about the 66/80cc kit that is OUNNO bandied about £89 pounds in the uk. about $100 in the US. I know these are Chinese engines and won't last as long but I wasn't expecting such bad quality. can you get a good engine for a price around 100 - 150 dollars.
I don't know about a cheap good engine. I personally would save a bit more to get a Phantom 85 or Zeda 80 engine.

Can you get Ridgeyard kits. I'm building one right now. About $100.

At this moment I have four engines from ebay, the first is a 48cc from BGF that has been great, that engine is 11years old. I have a 2014 66cc that ran great but had bad vibration, I have balanced the crank but haven't run it since. I have a 2021 48cc and a 69cc that I put a 49mm iron sleeve top end on. Time will tell on the last two but they seem to be of good quality. I do disassemble every engine and correct what needs attention. I haven't had a failure yet.

At this moment I have four engines from ebay, the first is a 48cc from BGF that has been great, that engine is 11years old. I have a 2014 66cc that ran great but had bad vibration, I have balanced the crank but haven't run it since. I have a 2021 48cc and a 69cc that I put a 49mm iron sleeve top end on. Time will tell on the last two but they seem to be of good quality. I do disassemble every engine and correct what needs attention. I haven't had a failure yet.
Could you list the prices for those kits? OP is looking for some budget options that are of higher quality, so I think prices would be appreciated. 👍

Back