Amsoil synthetic oils for 2 & 4 stoke bicycle engines - Sale!

Hi, My name is Charlie Abel, independent Amsoil synthetic motor oil dealer.

I'm making a special offer to all on this forum from now until the end of September: all Amsoil products at wholesale - (this is about 20% off retail prices).

For 4 stroke bicycle engines, Amsoil 4 stroke small engine oil is ideal. It is a full synthetic oil that is make for small air cooled four stokes because they run at hotter temperatures than liquid cooled engines. Service life is the longest drain interval in the owners manual.

For 2 stoke bicycle engines, Amsoil has an oil that I really like: the Saber professional 2 stroke 100:1 oil (smokeless at 100:1) Although you can use it at 50:1, Amsoil recommends a 100:1 ratio for all 2 stoke engines calling for a 25:1, 40:1 or 50:1 mix. The Amsoil recommendation supercedes the owner's manual recommendation because when you follow the Amsoil recommendation, your engine is now covered by the Amsoil warranty which states that if the engine is damaged due to oil failure, then Amsoil will replace not only the oil, but all damaged components of your engine. Because of this, Amsoil covers themselves very well with a product that does what they say it will because if they had to replace engines, they'd go broke. Rest assured that Amsoil has thoroughly tested this oil at 100:1 ratio for many years, and I've used it myself in my weedeater engine for the past 3 years and it runs great. The biggest comment I get from customers using is that their engine has more power.

So why do manufacturers usually specify a 50:1 mix? Because there are a lot of 2 stoke oils out there and the quality of them varies, so to make sure your engine is lubricated enough, their solution is to recommend a rich mixture. Because Amsoil is a high quality synthetic oil, 100:1 is all that's needed, because when the quality of the oil is high, you don't need a rich mixture, and the result is no spark plug fouling, no smoke, no ring sticking, little or no carbon build up, and a longer lasting engine.

So to take advantage of this offer, call me at 808-990-4468 (after 12 noon est) and I will give you my website so you can research the product more and I'll give you a price quote (since this post won't accept the url) (yes I'm on the big island of Hawaii, but I will order your oil on my account and it will ship from the closest warehouse to you, they have 12 warehouses).
And feel free to also order any other oil you may need that Amsoil makes too.

Please reply with any questions or comments.

RACING OILS

I forgot to mention Amsoil Racing oils for those who want to push the limits of performance

For 4 stroke enigines, Amsoil has partnered with Briggs & Stratton to make 4T Racing oil specifically for air cooled competition 4 stroke small engines. Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is engineered with specialized friction modifiers and advanced additives that reduce energy loss due to friction while providing strong anti-wear properties. As a result, Synthetic 4T Racing Oil combines the horsepower of a lite oil with the wear protection of a heavier oil.

For 2 stroke engines, there's Dominator Racing 2 stroke oil. It is mixed at 50:1 ratio.

Reply to grinningremlin,

Here's a part of the Amsoil warranty: ....

" If the AMSOIL lubricant is defective in materials, design and workmanship, AMSOIL will (1) replace the defective lubricant;
and (2) at AMSOIL's option and cost, repair or replace components damaged by the defective AMSOIL lubricant ..."

So it looks like Amsoil will pay your repair bill.

To everyone here that responded to the 300:1 quote - looks like I raised few eyebrows with that story from Amsoil magazine.

The point of the story however, is not to go out and run your engine on 300:1. Although Amsoil recommends 100:1, they also say that richer mixtures may be used. So go ahead and run 16:1 or 25:1 in your chinese engine with it. The point of the story is to assure you that by their claim of 300:1, you can rest assured that the oil will lubricate superbly at your 25:1 or whatever you choose to use. In fact, which oil would you feel safer using, an oil with a warranty that passes the test far leaner than you will ever use, or an oil that will not disclose how lean it will pass the test with no warranty? It's your choice.

And there is an upside because although we enjoy building motors, the whole point is to keep them running as long as possible. Many people assume that all oil are the same, when in fact each one has a different formula. So what is the upside here? Better lubrication equals longer engine life and saves you money. Here's a real life testimonial a customer bragged to me about using Amsoil: he rented boats. Once he changed from the manufacturer's 2 stroke oil at 50:1 to Amsoil at 100:1, he said the power heads lasted one and one half years longer before they had to rebuild them.

So you see, I not suggesting anyone take a chance, rather consider a better oil: do some research as it sounds as though you may have never heard of Amsoil which is a 40 year old company. See what people are saying about Amsoil on forums, do a little research and make your own conclusions, you might be surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another consideration is the availability, if I can't get it when I need it ( I'm not money bags enough to buy in bulk all the time) then I'm likely to go with what I can find in town.If you find a distributor in Clovis or Portales NM I'll give it a try.

Thanks Grinningremlin, but unfortunately, the closest dealers to you are in Lubbock and Amarillo TX. But, you can always order through UPS and it would come from the closest distribution center in Dallas. The only problem with that is minimum postage on an order is $9.10, which adds considerably if you buy one quart or so. So you could see a dealer if you ever pass that way (see dealer locator on Amsoil dot com) or if you should choose to order via mail, contact me and I'll order on my account and you'll get the dealer price, about 20% off retail.
Thanks for the conversation, I enjoyed it, happy motorbiking.
Charlie

Just to humor Fabian,Here's the story on the 300:1 ratio 2 stroke oil straight from Amsoil magazine:

. . . "OUR COMMITMENT TO INVEST HEAVILY IN OUR
PRODUCTS IS NOT NEW TO US. ITS BEEN THE
foundation of our philosophy from the
VERY BEGINNING. I REMEMBER DISTINCTLY
THAT WHEN WE WERE DEVELOPING OUR FlRST
2 CYCLE OIL BACK IN THE EARLY 1970's. I
wanted a product that outperformed
ALL OTHER PRODUCTS. IT HAD TO BE THE VERY
BEST! AT THAT TIME I WAS WORKING WITH
A HIGHLY SPECIALIZED AND COMPETENT
ADDITIVE SUPPLIER AND I KNEW VERY WELL
that the additive used would be critical
TO WEAR PROTECTION. I WOULD START WITH A
pure synthetic base oil, but it would be
THE ADDITIVE THAT CARRIED THE LOAD.
As we began formulating, the supplier
recommended the additive percentage
THAT SHOULD BE USED. I KNEW AT THAT
PERCENTAGE IT WOULD BE A GOOD OIL, BUT I
WANTED TO PUSH THE LIMITS.
HOW MUCH HIGHER CAN I GO? I ASKED.
I COULD TELL IT WAS THE FlRST TIME HE HAD
EVER BEEN ASKED THAT QUESTION. HiGHER ,
HE SAID, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DO
THAT? ITS VERY EXPENSIVE.
BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE A BETTER OIL , I
SAID.
A week or so later the supplier got back
TO ME WITH THE MAXIMUM PERCENTAGE
THAT COULD BE USED SO THATS WHERE
I TOOK IT. WE HAD THE OIL TESTED AT
SOUTHWEST RESEARCH AT A MIX RATIO
OF 300:1. KEEP IN MIND THAT THE BEST
anyone else was doing was maybe 50:1.
WE WERE AT 300:1 AND PASSED WITH
FLYING COLORS! WE EVENTUALLY INTRODUCED
THE OIL AT 100:1 BECAUSE FROM A
marketing perspective no one would
HAVE TRUSTED A 300:1 MIX RATIO.

For those of you who think that a chinese bike engine can't run on Amsoil 100:1, here's my testimonial - I have a 1000 watt 2 stroke generator, 72 cc engine, and it calls for 32:1 and I run it on 100:1 Amsoil Saber 2 stroke oil. Runs great, no smoke, clean spark plug. It's not the amount of the oil that counts, it's the quality, and when the quality is high, you don't need a whole lot of it. Gone are the days of using 30 weight motor oil in a 2 stroke, this is the 21st century, we have the technology.

Here's a you tube video that explains why petroleum based 2 stroke oils cause carbon buildup in the exhaust port and eventual restriction causing lower engine output and why the different anti-wear additives in synthetic oils burn clean and do not build up in the exhaust port. Also has some interesting facts such as why in the Evinrude 2 stroke outboards the computer will regulate the oil ratio as low as 500:1 at idle. Good information.
http://youtu.be/kCtnwMmqIX8

Back