An Idea In Pursuit

Baconator101

Local time
5:33 AM
So I have these engines with the covers off in front of me and I get a thought. Would it be possible to divert the Power output out of the Right side of the China Girl instead of the left? Utilizing the three prongs or even the clutch pad cover to be the base of for a right-side mounted freewheel or sprocket? The thought occurred because it is simply the clutch pad cover that transfers all of the power to the left side anyways, why not try to find a way to instead go (Right) with it. Sure some rigging or welding may need to be done but it seems feasible to me. What do you guys think? Some pros would be that youd be able to use your bikes gears without the weight of the (shift kit). I suppose a con would be no more pedaling the bike without rigging of some sort. Just a thought.

This Plate transfers all energy to the left. Could it be possible to weld a big gear on it with some needed spacers? Or freewheel? And keep the power on the right? By doing so the clutch could still be utilized in the normal fashion (in theory) There would be slight left to right movement of the chain when clutch is engaged/disengaged.

Attachments

• 20180423_145038.jpg
    20180423_145038.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 157
were I to do something on the right, it would be to mount magnets to large bevel gear to produce electric power

the sprocket is supported on a shaft about 19mm in diameter, supported on two big bearings.

we are all familiar with how the engine wants to twist itself off the lousy clamp mounts.

now, just consider how much FORCE is on that sprocket and shaft....

youre welcome to experiment, but dont come crying to me when the 10mm hollow threaded bit holding the clutch plate on shears off and you lose half your right calf muscle from a flying chain...

(actually, on hindsight...its only an M6 thread...)

there is basically nothing holding that outer clutch plate on.

you are seriously under rating the forces involved here.

the DARK force!

lol

the sprocket is supported on a shaft about 19mm in diameter, supported on two big bearings.

we are all familiar with how the engine wants to twist itself off the lousy clamp mounts.

now, just consider how much FORCE is on that sprocket and shaft....

youre welcome to experiment, but dont come crying to me when the 10mm hollow threaded bit holding the clutch plate on shears off and you lose half your right calf muscle from a flying chain...

(actually, on hindsight...its only an M6 thread...)

there is basically nothing holding that outer clutch plate on.

you are seriously under rating the forces involved here.

the DARK force!

lol
You dont understand how the engine works. Ill let you go and Take a look and see where the stress is on the plate. Then you can try and comment again. All of the energy is transferred to the 3 prongs via the whole plate. The idea was to use those three prongs to output power to the right.

Last edited:
i said, GO FOR IT. but your calf muscle is YOURS to remove at your leisure.

i understand perfectly how the engine works. ;)

you are seriously underestimating the forces involved.

have fun.

make sure you post a pic of the carnage after you get out of hospital, kay?

i said, GO FOR IT. but your calf muscle is YOURS to remove at your leisure.

i understand perfectly how the engine works. ;)

you are seriously underestimating the forces involved.

have fun.

make sure you post a pic of the carnage after you get out of hospital, kay?
So you understand those 3 prongs are already what manage all the torque right? I just got another idea. What if we could make some threads onto those 3 prongs and add some couplers to hold a sprocket?? Ehhh? We cookin we gasoline now or what?

if youre so sure, get off the puter and into the workshop.

we shall see... we shall see.

Back