An idea most of you will reject... (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inline 250s..weird fluttering sound

That sounded pretty good to me the fluttering sound is the chain drive to the dyno watch how much it deviates as the load comes off.And it's an inline 250cc each cylinder has 125cc displacement.

Actually I had been thinking along the same lines but with one gas engine and one electric hub, the electric can kick in for extra power on a hill and use the electric only for stealth mode.
That's what I am working on, I had that same idea. It's a hybrid, sort of like a Prius with pedals.

That's what I am working on, I had that same idea. It's a hybrid, sort of like a Prius with pedals.
The hybrid has been done quite a few times the last one I did first had a china girl and now has a 79cc 4 stroke the best part is with engine power and regenerative braking in the hub you can recharge somewhat and have quite the range between the two.unfortunatly I didnt get any more pics of the first bike as it was sold before even really being completed and now has the four stroke in it.Peddal chopper builds them to order,Not cheap but very cool!They put the hub up front.
image.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-11-16 16.32.39.jpg
    2015-11-16 16.32.39.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 215
That is pretty cool. And what is it with these things, anyway, people suggest I sell mine almost every time I take it out, what's up with that? I haven't even finished it yet. That might be convenient, though, I already have ideas that would pretty much mean starting over, like a 4 stroke engine, for starters. I suppose I should be used to it, I'm constantly on the move from project to project, building really cool things that you just can't buy. Sometimes I part with them, I traded one for the bicycle I used for this project, it was my super stun gun, using 2 of the biggest transformers I could buy, then driven by a couple of lithium batteries. It was really scary, way more than a stun gun really needed, or that any I have ever seen had. I built a 6 watt 450nm (blue) laser using a model of a Star Trek phaser for a host, everybody wants one of those, too. It starts fires. You just have to love a "laser pointer" that leaves a smoking black burn line behind the dot. I used the most powerful visible spectrum laser diode made, the NUBM44, so I guess I'll build another one when they come out with something even more powerful.

That is pretty cool. And what is it with these things, anyway, people suggest I sell mine almost every time I take it out, what's up with that? I haven't even finished it yet. That might be convenient, though, I already have ideas that would pretty much mean starting over, like a 4 stroke engine, for starters. I suppose I should be used to it, I'm constantly on the move from project to project, building really cool things that you just can't buy. Sometimes I part with them, I traded one for the bicycle I used for this project, it was my super stun gun, using 2 of the biggest transformers I could buy, then driven by a couple of lithium batteries. It was really scary, way more than a stun gun really needed, or that any I have ever seen had. I built a 6 watt 450nm (blue) laser using a model of a Star Trek phaser for a host, everybody wants one of those, too. It starts fires. You just have to love a "laser pointer" that leaves a smoking black burn line behind the dot. I used the most powerful visible spectrum laser diode made, the NUBM44, so I guess I'll build another one when they come out with something even more powerful.

That's really cool... I want one on those guns...

It is cool, isn't it? You don't want to know what it cost to build that, though. But it is my favorite toy, at least that has no practical use whatsoever, other than just being exceptionally cool. It's a decent cigarette lighter, as long as you don't try to drag on it while you are lighting it. You don't want this thing that near your face at all, retinas don't grow back. In fact, you really shouldn't be in the same room with it without laser safety glasses on. Try explaining that, sometime, why blue laser safety glasses are red. I get that one entirely too often. I could spend a bunch more money on that, if I were as picky as some people are about their phasers. There are guys making custom parts machined from real aluminum for outrageous amounts of money, not for the work involved in making them, just for what they are for. But I guess some people want it to look like the models made for the show. I painted all the parts on that, I'm perfectly okay with silver spray paint. What I nitpicked about was the weight, mine is stuffed with lead buckshot into all the unused spaces inside, to give it some heft in the hand. It feels real when you hold it, good enough for me. 12.5 ounces, actually, still light as guns go, but a lot more than hollow plastic. People who hold it the first time always ask why it's so heavy, it's noticeable that there is something going on, I tell them "because it's loaded". And I like to carry it on me, in case I get stopped by the cops (it happens once in a while in my neighborhood, they are assholes). The first thing they want to know is if you have any weapons, and I can tell them truthfully, since it will at least put your eyes out permanently, "yeah, I have a phaser. Well haven't you ever watched 'Star Trek'? Then surely you must know what a phaser is". Then when they find it, and want to know wtf, I can tell them that I carry that because "I think there are Klingons around Uranus!". I don't think I'd let them know that I'm actually serious, and the thing works, more info than they need.

The hybrid has been done quite a few times the last one I did first had a china girl and now has a 79cc 4 stroke the best part is with engine power and regenerative braking in the hub you can recharge somewhat and have quite the range between the two.unfortunatly I didnt get any more pics of the first bike as it was sold before even really being completed and now has the four stroke in it.Peddal chopper builds them to order,Not cheap but very cool!They put the hub up front.
image.jpg
I see you have the electric hub up front which is what I am planing the two wheel drive option is intriguing but I was wondering if there are any steering / handling problems when using regin braking while under power with the gas powered rear wheel.

I see you have the electric hub up front which is what I am planing the two wheel drive option is intriguing but I was wondering if there are any steering / handling problems when using regin braking while under power with the gas powered rear wheel.
The one with the front hub is from Peddal chopper and I dont know how it rides.The yellow one I did has the hub out back and with the four stroke turning it is no problem the electric brake is very handy coupled to the front disk with it's wires hooked to the high brake leads it stops fast and straight.leaving the power on for the hub system and driving it with the gas engine means every time you break it puts charge back to the battery, The other brake lever is wired to the low brake leads and allows the engine to still drive the hub against the light electrical braking and therefore allow a constant charge just not for to long as it does build heat in the controler 20 min is about max to be safe but do it 4-5 times and you have a pretty good charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back