annoyed old man with silverado pu vs pedal bikes

Yea I dont get it either, I am a big man just like the as*&hole in this video but alot of people seem to think your on a bicycle so you have no rights....

The most a.n.a.l. retentive, safety conscious folks ride in group rides, there is NO WAY they were "all over the road".The old man comes from Conroe, which is Sugarland proper.Sugarland and Pearland is full of the super rich; I think he got confused that because they were riding near "his" community that they were trespassing on "his" road, no doubt there was a road with his last name on it somewhere in that area.He probably has a bug up his a.s.s. about the healthy people having fun, did you notice his gait?
I love how he thought a bat would protect him with a group of healthy sinewy riders, who each have quick access to a bike pump made of light strong AL.

grinning gremlin

Good point. When I pedal alone,I do tend to cruise thru stop signs, and weave ahead of cars at stop lights. I am courteous, but use my bike to best advantage. But put me with even 1 more rider, and I fully stop, and don't take any short cuts. Group riders do tend to react to being close called by cars, but not threateningly or obstructively.

As a veteran oilfield trasher, I can tell U that most rich Texans have Texan sized senses of entitlement, inherited from mom and dad, along with the $. Oh that, and a long Texas story about someone in the family, sometime, somewhere, who worked hard for their riches. My favorite is "I had lot's of help getting started, but then I had to prove myself". DUDE (me grabbing them by the collar) getting that first trophy job was the hardest part!!

When I ride I fully obey the traffic laws here in my state at all times. I ride my bike as if I were on a motorcycle. The two biggest things I encounter is: 1) Drivers not knowing the difference between 3 feet and a few inches. 2) Drivers thinking I'm on a regular bicycle and not realizing how fast I'm going so they pull out in front of me.

When I ride I fully obey the traffic laws here in my state at all times. I ride my bike as if I were on a motorcycle. The two biggest things I encounter is: 1) Drivers not knowing the difference between 3 feet and a few inches. 2) Drivers thinking I'm on a regular bicycle and not realizing how fast I'm going so they pull out in front of me.
+1.I always follow the road rules, I pull over and stop if things look like someone is too cautious (staying behind too long).As much of a pest the old man was, I'll take him over the dogs,... what's dog for "I'm not a frisbee!"?

+1.I always follow the road rules, I pull over and stop if things look like someone is too cautious (staying behind too long).As much of a pest the old man was, I'll take him over the dogs,... what's dog for "I'm not a frisbee!"?

I've got mirrors and try to move over as much as possible to let people pass. Here's an old motorcycle rider's trick for dogs. Get a brightly colored water pistol ( yellow, green, red etc) so it isn't mistaken for a real gun. Fill the gun with half water and half ammonia. Squirt the dog in the face with it. The animal won't chase you anymore.

Back