Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by altarr, Jun 6, 2009.
the new thread rule and the captcha on the search on this site are absolutely annoying.
probably only because of your age
THINGS do get annoying to some as they get close to 100 years old
you should just be happy that you can still ride the motor bike THING !!!
breath deep -- and have a good day -- from - MM
Bet it's even more annoying trying to stow your walking frame on a Motored Bike;they didn't think of that either.
Main Entry: thing
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English, thing, assembly; akin to Old High German ding thing, assembly, Gothic theihs time
Date: before 12th century
d: an inanimate object distinguished from a living being
so they are things, I have plenty of storage for the walker....thanks....
but this whole site does go a little too far on the lockdown and information requirements.
well.... thankfully, you are not being forced to stay here. :devilish:
Force -verb (used with object)
18. to compel, constrain, or oblige (oneself or someone) to do something: to force a suspect to confess.
19. to drive or propel against resistance: He forced his way through the crowd. They forced air into his lungs.
20. to bring about or effect by force.
21. to bring about of necessity or as a necessary result: to force a smile.
22. to put or impose (something or someone) forcibly on or upon a person: to force one's opinions on others.
23. to compel by force; overcome the resistance of: to force acceptance of something.
24. to obtain or draw forth by or as if by force; extort: to force a confession.
25. to enter or take by force; overpower: They forced the town after a long siege.
26. to break open (a door, lock, etc.).
27. to cause (plants, fruits, etc.) to grow or mature at an increased rate by artificial means.
28. to press, urge, or exert (an animal, person, etc.) to violent effort or to the utmost.
29. to use force upon.
That's the thing when u FIRST join a forum;any forum(rules are rules)....either u abide by them as they are or go somewhere else at your leisure....OR,u change the rules via internal member support.
Tom is the owner of this website & he's NOT adverse to new ideas,that's why we have a Suggestion Box(and it works to)
Established rules,your decision.
can i help you with something?
"22. to put or impose (something or someone) forcibly on or upon a person: to force one's opinions on others."
no, but I was forced to do this happy feely touchy love-in first user post just to ask a question. I couldnt think of a more suitable "first post" then a very simple one expressing what a waste of time and energy that it was.
so in order to use the suggestion box, I guess I would still have to go through all the stupid stuff i was wishing to avoid.
i have to go back to holding hands and singing kumbaya around the campfire now. can someone PLEASE pass the smores???
God, I love your signature though, that really is funny....i just had a vision of myself fleeing the cops on my bike then having to climb a fence with it....for real....:grin5: i dont see that one going to well with my current setup....
Welcome to MBc
a suggestion !
All the Best
show what you got.
Welcome aboard, altarr.
Okay, we get it. You feel that an intro post is an unnecessary waste of time.
But was it really all that hard to do? Was it really so bad that you felt it necessary to make your introduction to us a defiant complaint about being "forced" to say hi to the group?
To be a bit more clear; I didn't think that your first post was particularly offensive, just unimportant. But when you got a few answers saying, "C'mon...lighten up....", that's what you should've done.
Separate names with a comma.