another coaster brake question

fixed :)

I did it ! It works , Since I couldn't find washers to fit over clutch spring, and it will be pedaled so little, all I did was remove brake shoes and put it back together.
It is really tricky to take apart a hub with no cone wrenches or full brake arm haha it took me over an hour to do but about a min to put it back together :)

Bill

You need to get some washers from a hardware store to complete the conversion. The washers are necessary, and they will probably cost you about a dollar for two of them. I tried just removing the brake shoes once, and it worked for a while, then the internals started doing wierd things.

For this conversion, it is important that you follow ALL of the instructions, not just some of them. If you skip the part about adding the washers, you will probably end up with a failed hub sooner or later. A failed hub could end up slipping and not working at all, or it could lock so that it can't freewheel any more. You don't want either.

Can i have your coaster brake arm???

I am working on my first bike and I couldn't get the arm off. Not knowing about coaster break mechanics i hacked it off! :cry:LOL. It was a good lesson for me, don't hack without knowing, but now I am out a brake arm and I can't find a replacement. My bike is a Huffy Cranbrook, the brake arm is Falcon, the hole is long and ovular (circular on the outer edges flat across top and bottom.

I will pay for postage! Thanks,

David

Back