Another dumb idea. đź‘Ť

No thanks. I prefer my engines to live long happy lives. Plus, I am not after being powerful in terms of horsepower. The ax100 makes up for a lack of peak HP by making lots of torque, and delivering it smoothly low down In the rpm range.

I love me some tractor factor.
He was building that engine for a world land speed record attempt.

I get dumb ideas a lot, let's just put that out there now.

I am well aware that this ranks up there in the world of dumb ideas, but hear me out.

I can get my hands on a Lifan produced replica of the Suzuki AX100 Engine for about 480 bucks delivered to my door.

I think this would be a fun engine to put in a gas bike frame.

It's not silly powerful. 8.25hp, fairly low compression, and a 4 speed gearbox.

Outside of potential chain alignment issues it could be made to work. The only real draw backs I see are needing fairly wide crank pedals, if they would work at all, and the weight of the entire motor assembly itself at over 40lbs.

As I said, it's a dumb idea, but oh so tempting.
I like that idea, I want small 100c with the transmission.
I think it's to much for a 26 bike. I'm looking for a better platform. Might be good for a trike. I definitely want 4.0 fat tires on it. Thinking about building frame for it. I think the jap motor/trans. Be more reliable than th China doll

I've seen the 125cc 4 stroke pit bike engines put on bicycle frames, They got a 4 speed transmission,
It's now a small M/C, up to you on how safe you want your bike to be.
I suggest Modifying the bike frame for strength, having at least 12 gauge spokes and disc brakes with a front suspension.

Sixthreezero is more of a high end brand made with quality in mind and YEP, Its pricey but the quality is there.

Nope...Your insane...lol...I'm just old and accentric...lol.

I like that idea, I want small 100c with the transmission.
I think it's to much for a 26 bike. I'm looking for a better platform. Might be good for a trike. I definitely want 4.0 fat tires on it. Thinking about building frame for it. I think the jap motor/trans. Be more reliable than th China doll
My idea is to find a whole salvage bike. Like to be able to use wheels ( drum brake, swing arm, axle, front forks. I want it to sit low like a hard tail and take the pedals out of the equation.

My idea is to find a whole salvage bike. Like to be able to use wheels ( drum brake, swing arm, axle, front forks. I want it to sit low like a hard tail and take the pedals out of the equation.

Sounds like ya know what ya want, I hope you share with us pics of your build when you start

I've got this version mocked up. I want 4.0 fat tire on rear 20 or 24 tall not sure if wheel size availible 3.0. X 26 up front.

Attachments

• 20220909_191753.jpg
    20220909_191753.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220906_035959_HDR.jpg
    20220906_035959_HDR.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 58
Heavy, I like that color scheme on the bike, silver/dark blue. Wassup with that second seat tube in the pic? Is that for moving the seat back?

Heavy, I like that color scheme on the bike, silver/dark blue. Wassup with that second seat tube in the pic? Is that for moving the seat back?
Yes, bike is older Chinese Schwinn frame has a big open frame for motor. The back seat post will beef up the frame and support a heavy rider like me. Here are some photos. I could cut rear of frame off where the tape is and fabricate a new section to butt up to front half. See where wheel axle and drop out are the same height? I'll adjust drop out dimension so bike will sit lower in rear. 20 x 4 or 22 or 24 x 4.0 fat on rear. Front I want a 26 x 3 fat tire. That's the 27.5 off my huffy on there now.

Back