Tubes another flat HELP!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

2-STROKEINGFALIFE

Local time
5:08 AM
first i wanna say great site and thanks.

i'm learning, and i have searched this topic but it seems all the info is 2 or 3 years old.

after searching i fell like i might invest in armadillo tires, not interested in the solids. i was wondering if there is any thing newer or better.

is there a way to search topic for latest info

would search be something like (#1 tire -solidfills):confused:

thanks again :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

NO TIME FOR FLATS,thanks and let me no any thing i'am doing

Last edited:
I use thorn resistant tubes and nomore flats tire liners and havnt had a flat since. Before I did that i had 4 flats in 1 month and it sucks pushing the bike home up a huge steep hill.

I run solid tires, personally, I love them.

Armadillos are great though too - get those with double thick tubes and tire liners and you shouldn't need to ever worry about flats.

I also have been plagued with flats, and of course on the rear only, just so I have to break the drive chain at the master link and release the adjustment (tightening). I have just tried a tire from www.schwalbetires.com that has a foam insert molded into the tire. I chose the Marathon Plus Tour model. Not cheap but, if they work they will be worth it. Only 35 miles on them, but so far so good. Some of the road hazards I have managed to pick up would amaze you.

Note in my post of solid tires I was not a happy camper. The idea seemed to good to be true! For my tires, I felt they almost came off the rim. I sent them back and am awaiting to see if/how much money I will get back. It would be acceptable to get a different set that snapped on the rim firmly and stayed put, but I have serious reservations. A few people seem very happy with the solid tires, I just wish they worked for me.

Some rims seem to just not accept solid tires. The local Les Schwab tire shop out here sells Amerityre solid tires, and they will make sure your rim will accept it, and they will fit it and install it for you free as well.

didn't i read somewhere that the schwalbetire had a problem with valve stem coming off' and i think it was that same tire.the bike shop said to put rubber cement in three places about 1" long on any type of kevlar or solid tire

someone said something about a split bolt for the spokes to help with durability for use on the GEBE drive ring but i can't find it now can any help with this

Well, in all honesty, any reputable bike shop will only suggest you to get a travel pump and stay away from solid tubes and tires.

they did, for speed purposes,but i asked their opinion and suggestions for basically the puncture proof tires not the solids.i figured it would apply to any heavey tire

as for the split bolt ???, i found it
they were talking about copper split bolt wire joiners (electrical)

i forgot to mention that the bicycle shops don't like me anyway because of the motor but the motorcycle shops are cool when i go in to get my oil

maybe its because thier arent that many MBrs in this town so the bike shops are snotty

i havnt met any. i know their here because the lawn mower shop said they know of 1 and my wife said she saw one (could be the same)

Solid tires and tubes don't have valve stems, so traveling on the rim and causing valve stem damage isn't an issue.

If you fill your tires to peak PSI you won't have to worry about them traveling, regardless of if they're heavy duty or not.

What would you do with the split bolt? Lock them at the spokenut or where they cross?

Back