Another Gear Head :)

CLSSY56

Local time
5:06 PM
I'm into anything with a motor. I'm big into old cars and airplanes, although I don't have my license yet.

Hey Classy, is that a '56 Chevy you refer to?

I'm a gearhead too; that helps a LOT with motorized bikes.

Same fixing, only ten times CHEAPER!!! LOL.

Yep, one in the same. I thought I recognized your screen name snooping around last night.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Chevy!

Yep, mine is a 1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe, 383(not 283 lol), 4-speed, Cragars, etc. Of course, it needs $15K to rebuild, lol.

Sometimes I'd rather be spending $30 replacing my motorized bike's transmission, which I'm doing as we speak. I have 2 or 3 spare trannies, so zero cost.

The cost to replace my Chevy's tranny? Maybe $300, IF I'm lucky, $1000 if I I'm not.:sick:

You'll LOVE motorized bikes, so cheap to build, repair and swap engines.:geek:

And just like Chevy engines, 90% of rear-mounted bicycle engines have the same bellhousing bolt pattern!

Just like a hotrodder, instead of using the standard 1.6hp engine, I'm running a 5hp, high-rpm engine....powershifting thru an 8-speed transmission!

Once you run an engine with a shift kit, you'll NEVER run a "slushbox".

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of motorizing a couple of chinese Schwinn Krates. Which the few pics I have seen look really cool.

You are on CT, HAMB or trifive, right?

I used to hang around CT years ago. Then I got a job, went back to school, learned to play a musical instrument and discovered motorized bikes.:D

Believe it or not, I get more enjoyment playing with MB's, than I do with my Chevy.:whistle:

Go figure.

I haven't been on CT in years as well. Not much on all three to be exact.

I started a forum on rc planes awhile back and it'd doing pretty good, have 3 owners. So flying has taken up most of my time and put the Chevy on the back burner. Tried to sell her a few times so I could get my pilot's license, but no one was interested.

I picked up 2 old school minibikes with briggs & stratton's. I plan on redoing those this winter with my oldest son. Maybe through a motorized Krate in the mix too :)

Sometimes I compare gopeds, gokarts, minibikes, pitbikes and motorized bikes.One great thing about motorized bicycles is that you can ride them offroad like the abovementioned, ANNND on the road like a bicycle.:geek:

Of all the motorized toy operators, the MB rider is the one least likely to be hassled by cops. I ride mine to and from work sometimes, a ten-mile round trip. Never been stopped or even stared at by the police.:cry:

Start slow, like a simple rear friction drive and 1.6hp engine, or a Happy Time frame mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking into a Grubee Starfire 49cc for the Stingray Krates. I haven't decided yet.

Back