Another Golden Eagle

Another update.
On the first long trip I took, the tail lights and front brake died. Everything else seems to be working okay though.
http://www.norcom2000.com/users/dci...ent/moto_bike_page/episode021/episode021.html

This trip turned out to be longer than I planned. The first check I did on Google maps I only entered my town (Belleville) and Chester, and it gave ~48 miles, but that was for the shortest route between.... I didn't check the exact route I had planned on taking and it ended up being about 72 miles.

I was particularly wondering about the belt as I neglected to bring the spare, but it looks almost brand-new (I rode past a lot of limestone quarries so it looks whiter now, from the limestone dust on it).

Also I noticed that although the rubber mounts seemed rather stiff, the engine does seem to bounce around on them now and then, as it's rolling,,,, not a lot, but it is visible. So they do seem to be doing something.
~

I plan to get the same kit for my re-bike, a recumbent. Fortunately, the whole seat support slides forward and back on the single rail of a frame, so I hope there will be enough clearance to keep the engine upright. Now, if I could just figure out where to mount the front support...

Edit: Perhaps I spoke too soon. I can't move it too far up or I will run out of legroom. Better do another photoshop mock-up. I'm a professional modelmaker, so I tend to overstress the modelling and planning part. Better to work out the details on paper first.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mentioned power problems with the 35cc 4-stroke... why not sell the motor on and get either the tanaka 40 or 47R two stroke engine as a replacement with a pipe. That would provide you with alot more power although you would have to make up premix.

There are some engines on the DDM site that are 30cc two strokes making almost 5 HP they would also be worth looking at.

I love the machine, just wish I had the talent for that sort of work. Incidentally have you tried roughening the plastic tank before you paint it? that might help with the paint issue.

Jemma xx

Back