Another Golden Eagle

Dumbquestion time...

Lemme get this straight...You are going to strap that upright, cuz of the oil pump/pan, right?

Just don't want to lose my thought of train. :rolleyes:
Yes, I had to so the oil would sit right.
And it turned out to be pretty easy, because the GEBE engine bracket is held on by four screws in a square--and the engine is installed basically level with the rear axle, so I just took the screws out and turned engine mount bracket a quarter-turn (the big steel angle).

I'll get better photos later--the couple I took were looking into the sun, and my aging digital camera didn't handle it real well.....
~

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always amazed to see such nice work being done on a patio or under the carport. That's going to be a cool bike.

A day or so later: the tank is together, but needs leak-testing. I guess I'll have to fgure out a way to hook up a bicycle pump to it and pump it up a bit and listen for leaks. Is there a better way to do this? What does a vented cap let off at? It's only like 5 psi if I remember right...

There's a couple tank pics on the episode_16 page, including the one below-
~

Attachments

• tank_fini_e54k.jpg
    tank_fini_e54k.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 330
Getting quite heavy now...

http://www.norcom2000.com/users/dci...ent/moto_bike_page/episode017/episode017.html

I still haven't put fuel in the frame tank, will have to get the fittings on it and then do one last leak-test. The way I ended up doing this was attaching a hose to one of the fuel outlets (the air-return line really) and closing the other two stopcocks. And of course with the gas cap on, which has a pressure relief, but if you spray the tank with soapy water from a squirt bottle (while you're blowing into the attached hose, that is) you can still see it bubble where there's holes.
~

Last edited by a moderator:
Back