another intro thread w/pics!

M

motorbike91

So, this is my official intro thread. I'm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and just finished installing a 70cc ebay kit onto a greenline bc-706. I've put about 40 miles on the bike so far and the most important thing I've learned is that rubber between the engine mount and frame is not a good idea. Got that stuff outta there and it runs pretty well now. My main goals are to change to a smaller rear wheel sprocket (already ordered a 35 tooth from jack's small engines) and try to reduce the chain noise/drag as much as possible. Here's some pics:

Attachments

• HPIM1375.JPG
    HPIM1375.JPG
    608.1 KB · Views: 275
  • HPIM1376.JPG
    HPIM1376.JPG
    624.8 KB · Views: 213
  • HPIM1377.JPG
    HPIM1377.JPG
    636.5 KB · Views: 225
  • HPIM1378.JPG
    HPIM1378.JPG
    613.1 KB · Views: 214

spunout

welcome to MBc!!!
that looks like a nice, solid build.
thats a nice frame for a motor.
did the motor arrive black, or is that you?
dont feel bad, most of us toyed with rubber mounts, too.

M

motorbike91

welcome to MBc!!!
that looks like a nice, solid build.
thats a nice frame for a motor.
did the motor arrive black, or is that you?
dont feel bad, most of us toyed with rubber mounts, too.

I painted the motor myself with Dupli-Color flat black High Heat w/ ceramic in it (says its good for up to 1200F) and polished the clutch, magneto and sprocket covers... like I've seen elsewhere on this forum.

A

Alaskavan

Welcome to MBc. Very nice looking bike. Hope you find an answer to the noise issue.

G

gone_fishin

that's just too cool! the lines work and the bike looks so good...and i don't mind saying i like the idea of a first gallery going along with an intro. here's a heads-up, eventually someone's gonna ask about your lights :)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

S

Scottm

Great job! That's a beautiful bike. Thanks for the heads up about the rubber mounts and the info on the paint.