Engine Trouble Another 'it died won't start' query!

Unfortunately..if there’s crankshaft play the bearing has to be shot..at the very least.

Post mortem. My diagnostics suck. I shouldn't have ignored the clanking when I turned it back and forth? It should have taken me 10 minutes max to find that, not days.
Not wasting any time on it bottom half is toast.

I do have another engine, looks pretty good. I'll be getting it ready after I finish my lights on fatbike (adding fuse links, horn, new led inserts for headlamp).
20220314_155224.jpg

I'm swapping the head for my angle fire bigger head. Reading posts on prep.

Meanwhile, if I gotta build before brap? I got the first engine for this bike I was building b4 I got my trike years ago, wouldn't fit. Only tested it on upright, figured I'd modify frame to cram it in.

Didn't think I'd ever ride upright again over 10 miles cause that scar that used to be a prostate. 1000 miles later, two bikes, streets, fields, forest, guess I'm over that!
20210910_141613.jpg

Anyways, I still liked my lounge chair. Bet it'd fit a pit bike motor good.
Screenshot_20221014-065223_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• 20220314_155256.jpg
    20220314_155256.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 105
You know two strokes will run at any angle, but I don't think upside down is an option. I guess it would work as long as you keep the carb upright.

OK, now that I've had my fun, your head gasket in the last pic doesn't look completely flat.

You know two strokes will run at any angle, but I don't think upside down is an option. I guess it would work as long as you keep the carb upright.

OK, now that I've had my fun, your head gasket in the last pic doesn't look completely flat.
Its not, the jug is loose. Its all coming apart first to clean, inspect.

Anything in particular to do for the way I ride that bike, offroading? That 700 miles had a lot of trail and field running. Also, chain jams blown jug too heavy oil mix breakin broken g-clip all that newbie stuff.

Its not, the jug is loose. Its all coming apart first to clean, inspect.

Anything in particular to do for the way I ride that bike, offroading? That 700 miles had a lot of trail and field running. Also, chain jams blown jug too heavy oil mix breakin broken g-clip all that newbie stuff.
Trail riding is more of a torque thing than a speed thing, so, the biggest sprocket you can find (48) and a kidney belt.

If that "scar" is because of the upright "seat" that I see on that long bike, I can see why...I wouldn't ride it like that myself...lol...lol.
This was my first longbike I'm using the same seat hardware. Its yoohaw-irradiated comfort tested, expansion spring suspended. I may use a suspension post for the spring hanger so it has compression and expansion.

Attachments

• longbike profile.jpg
    longbike profile.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 103
Back