Another Mystery Problem to Solve

The covers are cast aluminum and designed for standard bicycle chains. I'd say that problem is more likely the tolerance of the cover itself. They aren't designed for 415 HD chain.
I'm not about to go down this rabbit hole. You can say what you want, but there is more than enough clearance for a 415, in fact there's enough clearance for a #41 but it typically rubs the case not the cover.

If you don't know what the problem really is, it's not wise to argue with suggestions of what it could be and probably is!

If you don't know what the problem really is
Not knowing what the problem is is precisely why he is asking questions...i don't think he is "arguing with suggestions" as much as looking for a "multitude of counselors" to be of help...That is what is called "wise" in this instance...DAMIEN

My mag rim axel broke I had repair 26/spoke rim replace spokes true it put on the rag gear plate it turned okay to push it just as the sun was setting and a hard rainfall beginning, got on pedal it with high hope could get out the rain drop the clutch skidded to a stop.
The 415 chain named into the gearbox got a spring-loaded tensioner, manage get the tensioner out tried it again same thing happened will it was night in the rain with snow expected have not as yet pulled it apart what is wrong?

Also, I manage to use a skewer axel gave me much more room had to install another 3-4 link of chain, maybe the 415 used chain is bad. I got a 420 but is short a few lengths to extended it but I lost my original pieces.

Has anyone tried this to connect a 415 splice to a 420 although one must use a 420 master link a 415 not big enough any theory will it work or not with no snags I mean one can

The stock chain is unreliable. Find a good 415HD, 41 roller or hardened 420. MBrebel has some industrial types...http://mbrebel.com/motor-parts/
also they make a piece to install near sprocket to avoid such binding....

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If u happen to have an old chain driven trash compactor, the inner links are the same size as the links on your chain. You'll have to double up the rollers from a bicycle chain and use the compactor pins but it's fits

Back