Another newb with questions, get in here!

well done then, a lot of folks get stuck right there & never finish

engineer this is Gator Joe here I see this post is couple weeks old so disregard if you've already made final decisions having gears running off the motor is it ok to do but it will rob the motor power and realistically it's just one more thing to break I have a nice revolution beach cruiser when flying horse motor and expansion chamber 40 sprocket with adapter so it goes around the hub not spokes.for me this **** up on a 26 inch rim beach cruiser went about 35 miles an hour the nice thing about it was I could choose it 25 or 30 without stress in the motor out with too many rpms my main advice to you please make sure you use Loctite on damn near everything and panel it to make sure your chains lined up before you go trying to start the motor double check everything all the time tighten up your nuts all the time

So I finished the build about a week ago. Haven't updated the thread because I had finals to do this past week. Everything is perfect except the chain doesn't align with the bottom of the sprocket 100%. Any tips on how to fix that? I'm thinking of just tightening the back sprocket to fix it.

*not going to attach the muffler til I'm done tweaking the bike

Be extra careful with that idler pulley. Make sure it is extra tight. If that thing flips around I you it will tear out a few of your spokes while riding and leave you sick on the side of the road like a dummy. If you can reach, flip that idler over to the upper fork frame to hang down and grab the slack side of the chain. If not utilize a half link if you must to keep the chain as straight as possible to have the idler in a lower position. I high position gives it more leverage to flip on you.

Thank you for the heads up @battery, I never thought about that happening.

As for the bike, it is officially finished! Big thanks to everyone who posted in the thread and shared their personal knowledge with motorbikes! Expect to see more projects from me in the future

engineer this is Gator Joe here I see this post is couple weeks old so disregard if you've already made final decisions having gears running off the motor is it ok to do but it will rob the motor power and realistically it's just one more thing to break I have a nice revolution beach cruiser when flying horse motor and expansion chamber 40 sprocket with adapter so it goes around the hub not spokes.for me this **** up on a 26 inch rim beach cruiser went about 35 miles an hour the nice thing about it was I could choose it 25 or 30 without stress in the motor out with too many rpms my main advice to you please make sure you use Loctite on damn near everything and panel it to make sure your chains lined up before you go trying to start the motor double check everything all the time tighten up your nuts all the time

Just starting to realize I should get a hub adapter for the back sprocket. How many tooth sprocket should I get and what's the best hub adapter out there that's reasonably priced?

Back