Another newbie, that's me.

T

tombird

Hi, for the second time, My name is Tom Bird. I went through this once and evidently did it wrong so here I am again.

I am 75 years old and use a motor bike for almost all my transportation. Hey, who can gripe at 100+ mpg, no driver's license, no insurance and no registration? Not me.

My legs started to go out on me a couple of years ago and where I originally pedaled myself on trips of up to 45 miles, I now can pedal two blocks before my legs start to ache. So, motorized bikes are it for me.

If this Dax engine pans out, I plan to ride from Salt Lake City to Denver just for kicks next spring. My 49cc Grubee did not quite have the power to carry my 240 pound body anywhere. The King's bike engines lasted a little while and gave up, usually after less than a thousand miles. The last two were **** so I am now looking for a better engine.

I am a fat, old man who really emjoys his motor bike.

Tom Bird

Welcome Tombird! If your motors don't work out check out a rack mount from gebe; they're fat old man friendly:D

Welcome to MBc (again). Check out the Rackum section. We are getting a firm grip on the OFG (Old(er) Fat Guys/Girls) group. I am on the Giant Side of Texas!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'll check out the other sections of this forum. What I really want though is a gas engine that mounts in the frame between the rider's legs. I need the back for my box, a milk crate.

Have a good one,
Tom

The box

Hi Tom, you might find its easier to find an alternative to where you carry things than it is to find a reliable motor to frame mount.

Welcome to MBC. :cool: A lot of good wise folks with great knowledge here to help you out.

Back