Another Project!!

I have to order like 3 engine kits for all the projects I have. Does anyone else have that problem lol?? This one here is an 81 Schwinn cruiser!! 26" front tire and 20" rear. Extra wide crank for engine clearance. I put this bike together when it was all black with stock sprocket. Was hyped just to roll the pedals around and hit all motor. Couldn't even pedal it. So I stripped her down and tore her apart. This is what has come of it so far. Will install hub adapter for sprocket so I dont break spokes. What you think?? Will have a steam pink look to it.

Attachments

• 20200911_161708.jpg
    20200911_161708.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 1,028
I have to order like 3 engine kits for all the projects I have. Does anyone else have that problem lol?? This one here is an 81 Schwinn cruiser!! 26" front tire and 20" rear. Extra wide crank for engine clearance. I put this bike together when it was all black with stock sprocket. Was hyped just to roll the pedals around and hit all motor. Couldn't even pedal it. So I stripped her down and tore her apart. This is what has come of it so far. Will install hub adapter for sprocket so I dont break spokes. What you think?? Will have a steam pink look to it.

Painted front fork and sprocket. Getting Schwinn badge and motor kit next.

Attachments

• 20200914_163305.jpg
    20200914_163305.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 127
You might want to ditch the coaster brake so you can adjust pedal height in either direction when leaning in turns. You do not want a pedal to clip the ground mid-turn.

You might want to ditch the coaster brake so you can adjust pedal height in either direction when leaning in turns. You do not want a pedal to clip the ground mid-turn.
Yea if you make a right turn, right pedal needs to be in up position and vice versa or it does scrape.

Not to disrespect anyone, but I learned as a kid that if you make a right turn,
the right pedal is up position.

Vice versa with left pedal.

Shorter crank set...

Looks like a 20" rear wheel...
Yup, 20" rear 26" front. Picks up speed quick. Not sure I can find one. This is a wide crank for motorized bikes 9 1/2 inches wide I think.. It's an 81 schwinn and original crank it too narrow to fit around motor. Put a kit on it when it was with stock 26"s on it. Got it ready to go and hit all motor when pedals came around. So I've been Frankensteining it up.

Back