Another question about the ports...bulge from casting

Wyatt. A.

Local time
11:25 PM
On the intake port, edge of the cylinder. The port is rounded on the bottom but more flat on the top because there is a lump from the casting. Do I remove that to make the port more symetrical? Also flashing in the (Transfer?) ports. Looks difficult to remove because of the angle...

Attachments

• CRW_6898 (2).jpg
    CRW_6898 (2).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 62
  • CRW_6899.jpeg
    CRW_6899.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 67
On the intake port, edge of the cylinder. The port is rounded on the bottom but more flat on the top because there is a lump from the casting. Do I remove that to make the port more symetrical? Also flashing in the (Transfer?) ports. Looks difficult to remove because of the angle...
Pictures would be a great big help here, nobody wants to shoot in the dark when giving advice on what exactly your particular casting and porting flaws are and the best way to resolve the problems.

Pictures would be a great big help here, nobody wants to shoot in the dark when giving advice on what exactly your particular casting and porting flaws are and the best way to resolve the problems.
Ok, I posted one up top.
There's a rough bulge on the topside.

Top of intake port should be flat, once the piston goes to the top it passes by the port and then the whole port is open. If the bottom is rounded, then the new charge starts to enter the case earlier. The bottom of the exhaust port should be flat because once the piston is at the bottom no more exhaust can come out because the piston has cleared the port.

Some would say leave it as is. That the roughness will help the fuel atomize and mix with the air. My self, I'm not sure. Any other engine it's all polished.

Top of intake port should be flat, once the piston goes to the top it passes by the port and then the whole port is open. If the bottom is rounded, then the new charge starts to enter the case earlier. The bottom of the exhaust port should be flat because once the piston is at the bottom no more exhaust can come out because the piston has cleared the port.
The bottom of my exhaust isn't exactly flat...

Back