Another Run

C

Cookie

Yesterday was Earth day so we got on our bikes and went to the festival in Baton Rouge
It was a beautiful day but he adventure was beginning about half way to the festival my bike started losing power and rolled to a stop....my spark plug wire had broken 10 min with my pocket knife and a quick fix we where off again. At one of the stop lights an old lady pulling up to the light pulled so close to my handlebars I could feel the heat coming off her mirror (that was a little scary).
We finally got to the festival and walked / peddled the bikes around talking to the folks and passing out cards it was funny seeing kids dressed as hippies passing out flowers (flash back to my teens in the 60's).
I had been to other earth day's before this was a small one but it was fun listening to the music , eating turkey legs, and talking about the bikes.

We started on our way back home and about 1/4 of the way there a car stopped me and Sutan had a flat tire I turned around to make sure he was ok and road the rest of the way home jumped into the truck and went on a rescue mission it was a fun day and great to get away from the house and the shop but we really NEED FLAT PROOF TIRES we go through tires like crazy at least one a month and it is always the back tire.

Sounds like an awesome day. Have you tried specialized armadillo tires? They're 26" street tread tires. I really want to try them out but they're to small for my rims, They'll fit normal mtb or cruiser wheels though. Not sure how they do in the rain but they aren't completely slick.

Cookie, are the tires wearing out that fast, puncturing from road debris, or are the spokes puncturing them from the inside of the wheel?

Just curious.

Sounds like you had an excellent adventure nonetheless.

Tire

It seems to be road debri samll nails /car parts/ general junk....I am looking into some solid tires now those slime tires do not work if I find something will let everyone know what and where.

Back