Another Stingray Chopper

betio

Local time
7:53 AM
I promised my friend that I would put a motor on his bike and that if he broght it over he would be motoring before the day was over. He arrived at my place about noon with a Powerking kit and a Schwinn Stingray. One look at the Stingray and all bets were off!
We worked diligently for a few hours and we made some good progress. Should be rolling tomorrow.
Here are some pics after a few hours work.

Attachments

• corys bike 001.jpg
    corys bike 001.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 348
  • corys bike 002.jpg
    corys bike 002.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 367
  • corys bike 003.jpg
    corys bike 003.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 377
  • corys bike 004.jpg
    corys bike 004.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:
The front mount will be made today. A little trickier because it may have to hinge a litte to get the right angle.

front mount

The front mount was a little trickier, so I decided to use the crank tube as the attachment area. The mount is just about complete and the alignment seems perfect. This is a tough build.

Attachments

• corys bike 005.jpg
    corys bike 005.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 290
  • corys bike 006.jpg
    corys bike 006.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 297
  • corys bike 007.jpg
    corys bike 007.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 259
nice work! bike looks amazing. i was wondering that each n everyday we see more n more stingray choppers and they cost around $180..less or more basically so why dont people get a full grown up choppers which costs just 50 or 40 bucks more. i mean no disrespect. when sting ray came out chopper version i didnt knew there were grown up choppers too and i wished if there was one then on internet i foun done out then i found out that people put motors on them and then amazingly enough i found out that there is a forum for it too. so here i am. anyways nice build man!

schwinn stingray build

Hi Betio...welcome from Down Under

My son and I are building a Stingray as I write..70cc donk...Hey not easy..I checked out your engine mount..pretty neat and good engineering. We just used a flat metal plate and cut heavy duty metal struts to attach the motor. The biggest problem was the hub and connecting the sprocket etc,..We opted for our dealer GASMANBIKES AUST who sells set up schwinn stingray choppers..he could not sell us the adaptor only but in good spirit sold us a new back rim with new tyrs and adaptor and sprocket attached. He also threw in a long length of chain as you need about 12 extra links to reach the distance..Wuth delivery he only charged us $130 Aust..It all fit together in seconds..Now we have to extend the exhaust so it fits under the motor and blows back..should be easy enough.
Will post some photos after the job is done..I am thinking of selling a few sets up mounts in OZ as no-one seems to have them to make it easier for other Chopper fans..Schwinn must not have exported many to OZ as I dont see any around..Thanks for the photos..will keep checking out your page

IAN HARDING

Back