another test ride

CrazyDan

I'm now wondering if there is a crack in the intake manifold. Have you tried spraying carb cleaner or water on your intake connections after the carb while the engine is running to see if it changes anything?

mxc235

There are no cracks. Test with relieved bolts: works almost the same, changes rpm when move carb with hand; but does not increase rpm and freaks out when give gas. Today again the more it heats the harder it is to start; finally you have to open throttle like by 5 mm in order to start; and after idling like 10 min it refuses to start at all.

Vikingimike01

DUDE are you joking... Did you not test for what the guy said? Just do your own thing. IT IS LEAN IF ITS HARD TO START! ARE YOU LISTENING TO US?? HELLOOOOO!!! I'm getting very frustrated with you, sorry... But you are just doing everything other than what we say...

Mcdonns

DUDE are you joking... Did you not test for what the guy said? Just do your own thing. IT IS LEAN IF ITS HARD TO START! ARE YOU LISTENING TO US?? HELLOOOOO!!! I'm getting very frustrated with you, sorry... But you are just doing everything other than what we say...
Well, Mike, an engine you can fix. “This”.., uh.., not so much. 🤣

mxc235

I did what you said. I did that to identify behavior with air leak; now it got even worse: i slightly widened the hole in the first gasket after air filter, because it looked like it blocked one of the jets, installed carb back; engine only works in idle, when i give gas it makes strange sound and stops! Bolts are fully tightened. Is it air leak?

extremeodd

It could be an air leak, the strange sound could be attributed to air leaking in causing the mixture to lean out and the engine to stop.

Is there any way you could record a video of you having these issues, upload it to youtube and link it here? I think that would help all of us to understand what is going on a little better.