Another Whizzer weak link

J

JE

My car has been in the shop the last two weeks while I do some body and paint work on it. I've been riding the Whizzer to work. It's about 30 miles round trip. Tonight while I was checking everything over I noticed the welds that hold the head light bracket to the fork have broke loose I'll have it tig welded back on tomorrow at work. The bike just turned over 1000 miles and I put 300 of it on in the last two weeks. Last week I had to weld the chain guard bracket and make a heavy duty rear fender tab. It's been allot of work but half the fun for me is finding my bikes weak links and improving them to make the bike work better.

Eversince Debbie and Dave at Whizzer decided that Taiwan Workmenship was better than American Workmenship, Whizzer bikes have gone down hill. The Ambassador is a disaster ( As I predicted it would be back in March 08 ) Hundreds unsold. And now the NE-R is coming out 3 months late, With the same running gear as the Ambassador and only time will tell if the NE-R is more reliable and if the core customers will come back to a company that has betrayed us with this two wheeled Taiwanese Garbage !

Have a Great Day :)

good if we have tools

half the fun for me is finding my bikes weak links and improving them to make the bike work better.

it's a good THING that you feel that way about it
sure makes it less stressful as you need to repair

the trill is gone here on the mountain top regarding repairs
Calif Ceder wilfires back in 03 -- lost a lifetime of tools

today I just want to -- ride that thing

Yea it helps that I work as a painter at a metal fab shop an have access to all kinds of welders cutters and benders to fab or fix anything I need Also have a paint booths both at home and work for painting Automobiles or bikes.

LOL..... Me too. So far the metal peices that have failed have been caused by screw location and two thin of metal on the Chain guard. Rear fender tab being to thin and breaking and the welds not being big enough on the head light bracket. They only put two welds on each end. Caused the braket to start hinging from vibration.The fixes where welding the cracks up on the chain guard and beefing the hole by welding a bead around the hole. The rear fender tab was fixed by making a thicker one. The head light was fixed by tig welding the bracket on all three sides.

Back